background

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two is for

the TWO chapter books Conner read in one day! Finally this kid has some confidence in his reading ability. FINALLY this kid is enjoying reading and doing it without me having to twist his arm. He was so cute about those first two Magic Tree House books. Everytime I turned around, he had his little nose in the book. In the car, in between turns with the game cube, during meals! He was so funny. I was actually impressed he made it through ONE of them, but he kept on goin'! I credit most of his desire to make it through a chapter book to that cute little summer camp we did this past couple weeks. I sent the kids home with a book in a bag, a reading list and a flashlight every night. They were supposed to "flashlight" read their books and sign them off and get a new one the next day. One little boy chose a Magic Tree House every time and read it in one day and brought it back the next. He did twice as many book reports as anyone else and I think Conner (and his competitive nature) didn't like not being number one! I seriously think that is why he was motivated to read those two books! Who cares what his motives are though?! He finally realized that he CAN read chapter books and it's a fun thing to do! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Well noww what am I supposed to teach him this year? Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

I forgot about those, I'll have to give them a try! Thanks.

SarahMarie said...

Good Job Connor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...