background

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Still Going. . .

We just returned from road trip #999 tonight! Plus, the boys snuck in road trip #998 earlier in the week making this the most travelin' summer we have ever seen! Here's a little recap of yet another exciting week in the life of the Peterson Jr. Family.

Monday- Before we hit the road, Little Star Preschool re-opened its doors and is back in business (if only for 12 sweet days)! A friend of mine called me in the spring to ask if I was planning to do my little summer camp again this year. Really, I hadn't planned on it, but I felt like I SHOULD since there was a need. So, this friend of mine rounded up 7 of the sweetest kids you'll ever want to know (from her house and neighborhood, which is clear on the other side of town from me, darn it) and she brings them over to play and learn with me and my boys each day! I gotta say, after this first week, I am TRULY happy that I decided to do this summer camp. Each year I wonder if this will be my last (my kids are bound to out grow it at some point) but Lewis and Conner are loving it just as much this year, if not even MORE! They began asking me, a couple weeks ago, when camp was gonna start (I think they crave structure just as much as their mom). Some of the things I heard my boys say in those days leading up to camp were, "Mom, are we going to do camp libs again?" and, "Mom, let's go buy the crafts for summer camp, I think we should make boats and race them!" and "Mom, are we going to get flashlights and read in the tent again?" Yes! Those boys are stoked and so am I! Summer camp is waaay too much fun. I'm pretty sure this summer won't be our last!

Posted by Picasa

Tuesday & Wednesday- Grandma and Grandpa Peterson whisked the kids away again on yet another fun adventure. They went to a carnival and barbecue in Cedar. The next day, they went to Yankee for some fishing and Steve joined them. He took some pictures of the catches of the day (Conner caught the biggest one) on his cell phone, but there's no way to load the pics onto the computer-bummer. We ate the fish for dinner tonight, Conner wanted his whole fish to himself, it wouldn't even fit on the plate. It looked so funny to see him trying to eat it all on his own. We finally talked him into saving some left overs for tomorrow.

Thursday- Just a normal day, after Summer Camp, we went shopping for groceries (something I hadn't done in SOOOO long!) We were out of everything! I felt so accomplished to get laundry detergent, bread and eggs! Life has been so GO,Go, GO, I really haven't been keeping up too well! That night, we packed up our things for The Peterson Family Reunion!

Friday- We got a bit of a late start. Am I the only one who feels like the house needs to be clean before a trip? Just in case our family gets in a car accident and OTHER people have to come into our house and go through our things, I want it CLEAN! I know, that sounds pretty morbid, but the thought crosses my mind every time we pack to leave. This time, I was a little too lax with packing. I let Steve and the boys pack their own, (note to self, this is not a good idea). My boys went to church today sporting Crocs instead of Sunday shoes and Conner had no jammies! Oh well, we still made it to Steve's sister Staci's house all in one piece and had a blast hanging' with everyone! The kids were having the time of their lives and none of us made it to bed before midnight. Steve's family is so gigantic, there is always something exciting to do or someone exciting to chat with. Hard to buckle down for some shut eye.

Saturday and Sunday- Steve has a large family (seven sisters actually) and this reunion consisted of just his immediate family members and their kids. Even still, there were LOTS of people! Some of the men and boys went golfing and the rest of us went on a hike. It was a little crazy trying to coordinate two major events and get everyone where they needed to be on time, but it all worked out in the end and fun was had by all. The trail was gorgeous and the boys kept me on my toes as they, of course, ran off ahead on the trail to where they could not be seen. Luckily, there were plenty of family members around to keep their eyes on them and keep them under control (as much as possible anyway)! After the hike, we sat around and talked for awhile at the parking lot and then headed to Stefenee's house.

Posted by Picasa

Okay. So something PRETTY buggy about this trip is, our camera decided to stop working about two minutes after we got to Stef's house. So, I didn't get actual footage of ANY of the cute happenings that occurred, but luckily some other family members took photos. Hopefully I'll get to see them at some point (hint-hint, no pressure)! I did get a tiny portion of Stef's HUGE backyard in one of my two shots. They have the most fantastic set up ever! They have a sport court, trampoline, fire pit, sand box and an endless supply of water from the sprinkler! It was so relaxing to let the kids play and play and PLAY! The adults even played some too, basketball, volleyball and endless ping-pong. Steve and I and the boys spent the night at their house last night and Lewis and Conner had a blast with Stef's youngest boy, Kevin. He is pretty much the cutest kid ever! He kept us laughing the entire time! The boys said they wanted to watch a movie and we thought that would be a great way to get them to wind down for bed. I couldn't believe my eyes when I went in to check on them and they were all still awake at around midnight. . .AGAIN! Luckily, today is Sunday and they could catch up on their Zzzzz's on the way home. It is going to be nice to sleep in our own beds for this entire week. But, no worries, we aren't done travelin' yet! We've still got one more trip before this summer's over! Good times!


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing week, how fun!
I am passing along an award to you so come check it out when you get time.

SarahMarie said...

What fun! I wish I could have a backyard like that. I have been having loads of fun here and trying to take pictures as I go. I will have loads to post when I get back. Just to let you and Steve know, I past the test so now I am good to go. I can't wait to see you when I get back. Keep on having fun.
Sarah

Mindi said...

sounds like you are going strong--
btw, i, too, will never leave my house for vacay unless it is spotless. i did it only one time at the first of my marriage and have never made that same mistake.

Allison said...

How fun! I think you have more engery than anyone I know! All that traveling makes me tired just thinking about it! I love your blog and keeping up on you guys! I'm so glad you are having a great summer! You are the best Mom and teacher I've ever known! You are amazing!!!

Erika said...

I don't know how you have so much energy! That's always been something I love about you. One more month until we're back at school with kids. I'm excited, but terrified at the same time. We have to go back to Idaho tomorrow and we're hoping to come back on the 22nd so hopefully I can come to your supper deal, let me know more details.

Lindsay said...

Good luck with your remaining travels. I am so glad that I am done. I am tired of traveling. Let me know the details of your party. Sounds like tons of fun.

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and copy that sandal pledge if you need to pass along little hints!! It speaks volumes....{tee-hee!!}

sunnie said...

I like the song from Singles Ward! Fun to see the reunion photos.

Amy M. said...

Steph,
Seriously, your summer sounds as hectic as mine. I am so ready for everything to settle down. Hope to see you at cards.

Laura and her boys! said...

Wow! You are such a go-getter. You are totally putting me to shame! Although, you know the summer camp bugs me because you can't do anything right now! I wish Peyton and Dylan were doing it too. They would have had so much fun!!!

Steph said...

I second that (only the part about Peyton and Dylan)! I dod try to get you on board back in March-ish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...