background

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Five is for. . .

I have been a huge slacker with the blogosphere this past week. I hate it when I have an entire week between posts. I am secretly glad that I feel this way though because it means that blogging is working for me. I am actually keeping track of our family happenings and memories and I am thrilled that I feel the desire to stay caught up! So now, I just have to figure out where to start? We had a jam packed week. Steve's been back to his regular grueling principal schedule for the past couple of weeks and it has been a little weird not having him home. I guess to make up for the weirdness, we kept ourselves pretty busy, maybe even too busy! Anyway, I should have posted about our days as they were happening because I have a feeling this will be a long post, but no turning back now. I think I will do our FAVORITE FIVE, but with a twist. I'm gonna make each item its own separate post (so it's more like it would have been if I'd posted more this week). Plus, I am usually long winded so this will help make it seem less long:)

So, here's what we've been up to starting with number FIVE:

Five is for the FIVE hours (plus two more-so SEVEN altogether folks) that we spent at FIESTA FAMILY FUN CENTER this past Thursday! SEVEN hours! How is that even possible? Laura had a bunch of these "buy two get two free" coupons and she was so gracious with both me and Dani. It was a little confusing trying to figure out all the logistics of it all (it didn't help that Fiesta Fun was terribly understaffed) but we ended up with so many passes, we were there the whole day trying to use them up! We did it ALL! Bumper boats, kiddie cars, go carts, miniature golf, pizza for lunch and on going arcade! The boys were in heaven (there were 9 boys in all) and boy were they rowdy! At one point, one of Dani's little boys, Landen, got whopped in the face with a golf club and had a heck of a bloody nose! His shirt had a nice big red stain on the front of it for the rest of the day that looked like tie dye after a trip on the bumper boats. On that same bumper boat trip, I got MAJORLY soaked (never let a six year old drive while the fountain is on)! I might as well have jumped in a lake, it was that much water and I didn't get fully dry even in the 110 degree heat! Laura was awesome about taking a million pics, so here's a little slide show of the eventful, hot and LONG day!


7 comments:

Erika said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! It's always nice to spend fun times with friends!

raw mom said...

okay, first, before i forget...i had never read the book or seen they play before so i had NO IDEA what i was in for...and at first i didnt understand who the main character was or who i should be paying more attention to, maybe because i was so excited about the sweedish fish in my purse...but anyway, i was BAWLING by the end. i LOVED IT! they can sing to me ALL day! i love the story and really these people can sing! we got a discount because we have dixie direct, and if you dont have one yet, let me know...i have two you can use one! okay...now i'll read your posts and i am doing that fun nomination post you did! love you, girlie! xoxox

raw mom said...

oh my FUNN!!! i should be a better friend and GO to some of these fun things!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had quite the week. My kids have been dying to go to the Family Fun Center. Looks like tons of fun. We'll need to go.

SarahMarie said...

You had quite the week, but sounds like loads of fun. It was good to see you yesterday and I will see you again today.

tiburon said...

Awww that looks like a blast! How fun :)

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Nothing like keeping the kids busy for a day and spending time with friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...