background

Sunday, May 11, 2008

This Week's Five

This was a crazy week! I was sick on Sunday and Lewis had strep throat on Monday, so he and I stayed home and spent the day visting the doctor and filling prescriptions. By Wednesday, I was still not feeling up to snuff and just crashed after school. I think I just needed the extra rest cause by Friday, I was feeling great! I got tons of stuff done to get ready for the school year's end and I feel a huge weight has been lifted! Looking back on this week, there were a few key things that made it bearable:
Five: Three words. Teacher Appreciation Week. Whoever thought of this idea, BLESS them! It is so wonderful to be told you're appreciated and that what you do matters. Each day there was some fun little surprise or something to look forward to. Breakfast provided for us on Monday. White chocolate popcorn on Tuesday. Thank You cards on Wednesday. Lunch provided on Thursday and yummy desserts and goodies on Friday. The little things sure make a difference. I so appreciated those little gestures our PTO did for us teachers. Makes me want to go out and pat people on the back more often. Encouragement is a powerful thing!
Four: Conner hit a HOME RUN at his baseball game! Of course, he did this at the ONE game I wasn't able to attend (had to stay home with sick little Lewis) but I heard all about it! Way to go buddy!








Three: The Lancome counter at Dillards. Let me explain. I commute thirty minutes to and from work everyday. I gotta find time savers to make my life bearable. One habit I fell into this year was putting my makeup on in the car on the way. Only one problem with this system, I can never do the eyeliner and mascara part very well in the moving car, so sometimes I have to finish those items up in my classroom. Anyway, I finally did what I had been hoping I wouldn't do all year long, that is, I left my makeup bag at school on Friday. The worst part about it is, it didn't dawn on me that it was there until Saturday night when I was trying to get ready for my friend's wedding reception. I spent the entire day Saturday home doing housework and widdling down my nightmare to do list for K- Graduation, so I didn't even think about makeup. Then, around 5:30 I showered, did my hair, went to get dressed and realized my makeup was gone. I searched through all my bathroom drawers and purses and came up with a few products, but I am a tosser, so if I don't currently use it, I don't keep it. Basically all the important stuff is in that bag at school. I got in the car and was ready to head to the store to buy some concealer and foundation when I drove past the mall and remembered Dillard's. I felt soooo silly asking for a "makeover" but the lady was super nice and did a really good job. I promised her I would buy something for helping me out. I didn't realize Lancome Mascara is like $25! But, a promise is a promise and I'm always runnin' out of mascara. So, problem solved thanks to Dillard's. Double bonus, she sent me away with some samples that got me through my Sunday, so it was all good. I did learn a lesson though. I gotta make sure I keep some of my makeup at home just in case I do this again! I am SUCH a dork!
Two: My next door neighbor Carolyn volunteered to teach the lesson for me in Primary. We team teach the CTR 6 kids (Conner is in our class which I LOVE). It was supposed to be my week to teach but she offered to do it as a Mother's Day present to me. I can't think of anything I would appreciate more than to have one less thing on my 'To Do' list! Thanks Carolyn!
One: Mother's Day Moments. I am so happy to be a mom. There's nothing more important I will ever do than protect, nurture and teach my kids. They make me a better person and I have two of the sweetest, cutest boys anyone could ever hope for. My greatest blessing this week was to revel in all the Mother's Day glory. Here is a list of the moments I want to remember about today:
  • Waking up to breakfast in bed
  • Sitting back and watching my boys sing their little Mother's Day song to me during sacrament meeting. I remember the days when I only dreamed of watching my kids sing to me on Mother's Day! Now I actually get to watch them go up and smile at me so sheepishly as they sing. Its the best. They are precious, precious little dreams come true!
  • Watching Lewis be so grown up giving his talk in primary. He actually thought of everything to say all on his own and was so professional about it. He will be a great public speaker someday! A proud parent moment.
  • Having the boys shower me with sweet little gifts (wrapped themselves) when we got home from church. My favorite was the little butterfly Lewis constructed at school with a poem on the back that says,
Butterflies are colorful
And perfect in every way.
You are even MORE beautiful.
Have a great Mother's Day!
  • Taking a Mother's Day Siesta!
  • Waking up to the smell of dinner being cooked by my husband extraordinaire!
  • Spending an enjoyable evening visiting with my family.
  • Coming home and reflecting on this perfect day!
Happy Mother's Day 2008!







11 comments:

Kari said...

You are a lucky girl, to have all you have! And dinner from your husband... I'm jealous. You deserve it!

Steph said...

Thanks Kari! Right back at ya!

SarahMarie said...

I just want to tell you how lucky you are and I can't wait to have a family like yours one day. It was a hard day for me today to be without my mom. I miss her lots right now, but I have all of my wonderful friends to be around today and they are all wonderful moms. Just think you only have one week left. I am so jealous of that too.

Allison said...

I am so glad you had a great week! I love hearing aobut how your week went. Happy Mother's Day!

Laura and her boys! said...

Hey girl! So I had to make my own dinner for my mom, the boys, and my brother and his wife. My brother did clean up though, and that's totally the worst part. You are one lucky girl! I'm glad you had a great day!

Sarah said...

Steph, I'm glad you had a great day! And I'm sorry I'm slow sending your invite to my blog...I'm still trying to figure everything out. Good luck with this week!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi, I was blog hopping and found your site off of Word to Your Mother...

Your family is adorable and I'll be back-

Have a great day!

J Fo said...

Hey Steph, what a surprise to see you on my blog. If you couldn't tell Sarah and I are just starting to figure this stuff out. I love the idea of a top 5 list every week. You know, I teach at a RTC and had no clue it was teacher appreciation last week...I feel totally gipped! :)

Jaime said...

So fun. I wish I could have been there for Mother's Day!

SarahMarie said...

Here is my blog address, sstauber.blogspot.com. It is just a beginning.

Staci said...

Hello!! I miss cards soo much!! You are soo beautiful and it looks like everything is going well! Laura has worked on keeping me updated with everyone. Please keep in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...