background

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Obsession

Okay. Steve and I are COMPLETELY nuts! We were getting a little fed up with our P.M. T.V. show line up (which consists of about 13 channels and includes re-runs, news or documentaries) so, to remedy the situation, we borrowed the Felicity first season box set from our friend Laura. This set was a gift given to her by one of our mutual friends who actually watched Felicity when it aired back in 1998-2002. I saw a few hit and miss episodes back then, but never got real into it (not knowing the whole premise). Anyway, when we saw August Rush and Waitress awhile back, we just LOVED Keri Russell in those movies and so, Tiffany told Laura that she was getting her the Felicity first season for Christmas. Okay, so Laura had never even opened the box come March (she has Tivo and a myriad of channels to choose from, why would she need Felicity? She didn't) so Steve and I grabbed it. We have never looked back! It is sooooooooo good! The plot is so great and the chemistry of the actors, awesome! It really takes ya back to those good ol' college days. Anyway, awhile back we finished the first season and decided to start up a Net Flix account so we could start receiving Season 2. Last night Steve had to stay late for high school graduation. We only had the final episode of season 2 to watch. Well, I could NOT wait for him to get home, so I watched it (even though the final AMERICAN IDOL was on at the same time)! It was such a great episode! I was dying about it! When Steve came home, I was more than happy to watch it AGAIN with him! I know I am crazy! Anyway, I just checked the mail and Season 3 Disc one is here! Steve's gonna have another late night tonight. I am SOOOO tempted to find out what happens next! Man, should I wait for him or just go for it?



P.S. How great is it that I have a husband who loves to watch these types of shows with me? He is awesome!
Obsession Update:
Turns out Steve was just as excited to see the next episode as I was. He called shortly after I finished this post and said he would try to get home on time! We were able to keep our same "9:30" Felicity date. We watched two episodes and can't wait to get back to it tonight!

9 comments:

Allison said...

Me and Bryan would be the same way! I think we should start watching them!

SarahMarie said...

Steph- I read what you said on my blog and I know what you mean. I love Felicity so much. My mom and I use to watch and I even cut my hair like hers once so it could be cute and curly like hers. I don't know what to do. You are lucky though that you have Steve to watch things like that with you.

Mindi said...

my sister got me into felicity two years ago and i loved it--i'd say it's in my top ten favs of all time

Laura and her boys! said...

Thanks for throwing me under the bus!!! I'll watch it in the summer when I have some time off! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and you are certainly lucky to have Steve. He's the best!

PS I'd watch it and not tell him! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'll have to rent them, I used to watch the show religously when it was on t.v..

raw mom said...

that was the first thing i thought..lucky girl! i wish i could cuddle up with andy and a non sports related and non violent show...

Kari said...

This is one show that Oscar and I watched together back in the day! He has a very UN-secret crush on Keri Russell. I don't mind the cute boys either! This is definately the "hit" show that deserves to be shown over and over again!

Charise said...

Felicity is great! It is nice just to sit and relax and watch something you love! Is your school out for the year like ours?

Steph said...

Yep. School ended for Kindergarten LAST Friday, but I had to be there for Kindergarten Round-Up (where we register the upcoming kindergartners) this past week. Friday was everyone else's last day. We are sooooo glad to be done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...