background

Monday, May 26, 2008

Didn't You Know?

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Oh, don't worry if this news is catching you a little off guard. I might not have remembered myself if my two sweet boys (who just so happen to be brothers) hadn't reminded me first thing this morning! AND, lucky for me, I still have a few hours to zip on over to the store to buy the long awaited for "Brother's Day" gifts. I've managed to convince the boys that the actual holiday does not officially begin until noon (seeings how I might have forgotten about this special day just a teensy bit). I guess it makes sense though. With all the hoopla about Mother's Day a few weeks ago and the realization that Father's Day is the next big holiday, the boys were feeling a bit jipped. Conner came up with the "Brother's Day" idea. "We need to have a Brother's Day," he said. Of course, both Steve and I thought it was pretty cute of him to think of such a thing, so we penciled in the day. We wanted it to be after school was out, but before Father's Day. The day after Memorial Day will always make it easy to remember. So, there it is. The birth of a new holiday. One more excuse to take a trip to Adventure Pizza and buy dollar store gifts for the boys. I guess since it IS Brother's Day, I'd better get something for MY brother too!

9 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I didn't know that was today. I guess I will have to call my brother and wish him a happy brother's day. Oh by the way I will meet you at your house at 4ish, right? Otherwise I will call you too to make sure that is still the plan.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

How sweet!
I love how it start at noon, what a GREAT idea!
Have a good one-

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Okay- good to know, I better get on the Ball for this Holiday :) My boys will love this!
Luvs
Jodi

Mindi said...

what a fanfreakin'tastic idea!!! too bad their are no brothers at our house to help celebrate....i guess i could morph it into "sisters" day!

Laura and her boys! said...

Such a cute idea! Since I have three boys of my own, I need to take up the brother's day charge as well. Next year maybe? Can you remind me?

Vanes said...

You and Steve need 10 more kids! You are too cute! Sure do hope that you will enjoy your summer break! As long as your back to teaching preschool for my little Bella, we'll be happy! I loved your post about "Downy" - I put it directly on my shopping list! Take care - we'll check in on you soon! (Come visit!)

Lewyville said...

great idea! You know Jack asked me on Mother's Day when Kid's Day was....maybe we need to make up a holiday too.

MMace said...

I'm a face from the distant past. Got on your list from Sarah's scrapbook list, not that I'm deserving. Anyway your blog is amazing. I love your family photo and was so glad you had a link to the photographer. I have to comment about Brother's Day because my 6 year old asked when Brother's Day is this year around Mother's Day as well. We picked July because we don't have any summer birthdays and we chose the 2nd because we have 2 boys. Anyway, great minds think alike so perhaps our paths will cross again in the future. Megan Mace

Steph said...

Megan!
Good to hear from you! Yes, great minds do think alike!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...