background

Monday, July 21, 2008

We Need a New Camera-PRONTO!!!

Here are some pictures I would have taken last week, had our camera not bit the dust:

Conner and his friends running around in the rain without shirts and yelling, "Rain harder! Rain harder!"

Lewis at his scouting activity at the park. He and all his little scout friends gathered 'round the flag in their little outfits, it was so patriotic and unexpected. Conner and I arrived a bit early to get Lewis and we would have missed it if we'd have come any later.

All the summer camp kids on the teeter-totter at one time (all nine of them)!

The cute primary kids singing songs to the elderly people in the rest home on Saturday. It was the sweetest thing. Not one person had a camera with them. I asked the front desk lady if they had a camera and they didn't! Crazy! I was pretty bugged because normally, I just have my camera in my purse. Anyway, I guess they want us to come back at Christmas, I will definitely have a new camera by then!

Conner wearing my black, strappy high heels while kneeling down next to Steve and helping take the dry fruit off the fruit dryer. In this one moment, so much of my six-year-old's little personality shined through. He is masterfully quirky and one of the best helpers I know. He loves to be involved in work and projects (just like his parents) yet at the same time, he knows how to have a good time! (BTW, the heels looked AWESOME with his soccer shorts)!

Lewis and Conner bopping around the yard with their umbrellas. Sunday's evening rain looked beautiful up against the black mountain. Our kids played and played in it! Finally they asked for umbrellas and ran around until after dark. We did get some footage on the video camera, but I am a still life kind of girl. I want to have boxes and boxes of still shots to look through when I'm old and gray. I hope I can remember the image of my two sweeties linked arm and arm and bouncing around the grass with their little umbrellas!

Just barely, Conner had me turn around to see what he was doing. I looked behind me and saw two umbrellas perched above a sleeping bag and a pillow and my little Conner inside the sleeping bag. All I could see was his little face beyond the umbrellas. He said to me, "Look! It's an umbrella house!"

I'm so buying me a new camera TONIGHT!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Justification...you can't scrapbook without photos! ;)

Laura and her boys! said...

I couldn't live without my camera!!! Although I'm not liking my new one quite as much. How about you buy it from me, and I'll get a new new one? LOL

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Oh Steph....you DO need a camera! And you need one today - those would have been good pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...