background

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Game ON!


Like most families, we enjoy a good board game every now and then, but when summertime hits, it's practically MANDATORY to play game after game whenever the mood strikes! We haven't spent many "lazy summer days" home yet this summer, so our game closet has been a little lonely, until today! The boys woke up and I heard them getting into the game closet. I was STOKED because I knew we had all morning (with no agenda) to play to our hearts content! Conner whipped us both in a game of Clue first off and from there we went on to Dominoes and Uno Attack. I finally decided I needed to shower and do some laundry, but the boys continued emptying out the game closet. It has been an enjoyable "game" kind of day! Some of our top family games are:

  • Apples to Apples


  • Anchor's Away


  • Old Maid (Steve is hilarious to play with.)


  • Clue (Steve and I once beleived we were both GREAT at this game, until we played with our kids! They are AMAZING! Whip us everytime)!


  • "Cranium" games (any of them)


  • Rat a Tat Cat


  • Scrabble


  • Uno and Uno Attack

Anytime you feel like getting your GAME ON, hop on over to our place, we'll be ready and waiting!

6 comments:

Laura and her boys! said...

I just bought Chutes and Ladders and Candyland for my collection. We played yesterday. What a coinqydink (sp?). LOL

Mindi said...

my kids ABSOLUTE FAVORITE game is "jr a-z"--you would be a huge fan! i had to get it online but it was oh so worth it.

Steph said...

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! Can never have too many games!

Anonymous said...

There's a couple in there I haven't heard of but will have to check them out. I like teaching the boys how to play and then after time watching them develop the skills well enough to beat us!

Erika said...

We need to get together and have a game night! The only time John will play games with me is when others suggest it, so usually I get my game playing in with the Frei girls.

Lindsay said...

Maybe life will now slow down a bit. We may have to take you guys up on a game night. Let us know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...