background

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Loose Talk

Some things the Peterson's said recently:

"Mom, there's about 166 days left until Christmas, I counted them." -Conner

"Yeahhh. This is the life!" -Conner, just before taking his first bite of an enormous cheese quesadilla from Irmita's.

"I'm so glad I'm not allergic to girls. If I were, then I couldn't be next to mom. But I'd do it anyway if I were allergic, even if it gave me an allergic reaction, I'd still do it." -Lewis, just completely out of the blue, can't think of anything that would have sparked this conversation.

"Mom, ants have a hard life. . .they have to dig and find food and carry stuff. . ." -Conner

"Now that I'm in my thirties, I'm finding I really don't care any more." -Steph, discussing the perfection trap with girlfriends.

"This is the best day of my young life!" -Happy as a Clam Conner, as we were driving away from Blue Bunny Ice Cream.

"This is super deluxe, thank you!" -Steve, after taking one bite of his Stauffer's lasagna. What a great husband to be so appreciative of even the tiniest things.

"No! I can't look. It's too sad." -Conner, on not wanting to watch as his mom threw out is old backpack.

"Man, I'm glad I was wearing my seatbelt!" -Lewis, right after some crazy lady pulled out in front of us on the way to Target!

"No. I am not trying to cover up a hickey. I had another mole removed and have to keep this band aid on it until it heals." -Steph, a sentence she stated about twenty times over the course of the last two weeks since her dermatologist appointment.

"I wish I got bags of hand me downs from my friends." -Steve, upon watching Stephanie tear into yet another fabulous bag of great clothes from Laura. Then he said, "Actually, I can't think of any friends of mine who dress as well as Laura."

"Mom, you are ruining all our fun!"
-Conner, on not wanting to go to the primary activity this morning.

"Seriously, this summer has booked by quicker than any other summer of my life." -Stephanie, upon realization that summer is quickly coming to a close.

8 comments:

Charise said...

Steph- your blog makes me realize I need to pay better attention to those little things in life! Thank you! Time flies! Summer is almost coming to an end... And I love reading the fun things your kids say.. they are such cute boys!

Lindsay said...

I can't believe that there is only 166 days until Christmas! I better start thinking about shopping. As fast as time is flying, it will be here before we know it. Thanks Connor for reminding me!

sunnie said...

Those were so cute. Thanks for sharing.

SarahMarie said...

I agree with you summer is going to be done soon. I mean I have to be at school on the 28th to do stuff for the SEI. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. But I am glad that I have done what I have done this summer. It has made me realize my life. Great blog and the boys have cute things to say.

Mindi said...

i think it WAS a hickie.

fess up, lady.


NOW.

Anonymous said...

Those are great! You gotta love what they say. Isn't it crazy how fast this summer seems to be going?

Laura and her boys! said...

You are totally welcome! I love these little sayings. I need to start writing mine down too! And I'm glad that I'm a part of some of the memories.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

My favorite was Steve's super deluxe thank you! Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...