background

Monday, April 28, 2008

In Real Time

Right NOW. . .


I have a huge zit on my face that one of my students asked me about. . ."Mrs. Peterson, what happened to your face?" Um, you know it's pretty bad when you hear that from a six-year-old.


I have a jar full of lady bugs on my desk.


I have a huge tumbleweed (mustard plant) sitting on the shelf behind my desk (too big to fit ON my desk) a gift from another LOVELY and thoughtful student.


I need to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and start a new load. . .



I need to finish loading the dishwasher.



I am toying with the idea of having ANOTHER bowl of Rice Krispies before I turn out the lights.



My favorite song is that "Hollywood is Not America" song. . .stuck in my head "put your BLUE jeans back on. . ."



I am feeling guilty for not going with the boys on their "scooter adventure" just barely. No, I really don't have a scooter or bike, but the real reason. . . I am just lazy.



The boys are negotiating the trade of some prize Pokemon cards and sounding a lot like they know what they are talking about. . .how do they learn this stuff?



I can hear the electric shaver doing some hair trimming job in the bathroom but I am afraid to see what Steve's up to. I have caught him trying to shave his own neckline before. . .scary.



All the day's grit and grime is swirling down the drain. . .



I am having to use Steve's lap top because he did a "number" on our desk top. Gonna have to have Geek Squad come over or something!



Lewis came in wearing one of Steve's t-shirts. He thinks it's so cool to wear his dad's clothes to bed (maybe he is trying to tell me there are no clean jammies).



Lewis is asking me what my favorite Pokemon is? (Like I have a favorite Pokemon) "Pikachu" I tell him. He seems satisfied with the answer.



Lewis wants me to say he likes 'Salamence.' "He's my best," he says.



Conner is piling the scriptures in a heap on our bed. He has dubbed himself "scripture monitor" in our house and makes sure we have them ready to go when it's time to read! He's so funny. He even sets them by the door on Sundays so we don't forget to bring them to church. . .LOVE him!



I need to take a break from this post . . .

Okay, I'm back. . .

RIGHT NOW

I just finished watching another Felicity episode with Steve.

Steve is out like a light only seconds after the T.V. is off.

The house is finally quiet (no more giggling boys in their bedroom) and I am ready to say goodbye to this long, long day. (I think I'll sneak that bowl of Rice Krispies first!)

P.S. That was fun doing a post 'in real time.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how we find people through others blogs? It's good to see your cute little family. What's Steve doing now anyway? I only spent two years teaching and that was enough for me. You'll be so blessed for your service!!! Just to let you know that guy Steve was NOT my brother. I've never seen him again and I hope to never run into him again anywhere. If it weren't for your husband I never would have made it in that car pool. Crazy man, he was. It's amazing what life brings. Tell Steve hello!

Laura and her boys! said...

Real time. Kind of cute. I'll have to use that idea too. Such a creative friend! Love you girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...