background

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Need "Hairapy"

So, anyone who knows me well knows how frustrated I get with my hair. It is probably my very least favorite thing to do in the whole world. I honestly would rather scrub a hundred toilets than try to get my hair to "go" each morning. So here's the dilemma, I have this new hair cut, but it requires maintenance! UGHHHH! No wash and go with this one. Don't you hate that you feel like you have to buy all the expensive hair care products that your stylist used to try and get everyday to be a "good hair day" at home? 'Maybe I need a better straightening iron? Maybe it'll look better on the "second" day. Maybe it just needs a little more mousse, or hairspray or. . .' and on an on! Before I know it, twenty minutes has drifted away and I still feel like I'm at square one! OR worse, I finally "get it right" only to wake up the next day and realize I gotta start all over again! Oh, I just hate all the decisions, and fussing, and time that is put towards such a ridiculous thing as hair! When is "bald" ever going to be the fashion? Please know that every morning as I am slaving away with this WILD and crazy hair of mine, I am secretly dreaming about the day when I can hire a "live in stylist" to do the dirty work! Who needs maid service? Let me at those toilets! I'll never want for a maid. What would truly be my heart's desire, is to NEVER have to do my hair ever again! Oh! Too bad. I'm pretty sure tomorrow is just around the corner and I'll be back in front of that dang mirror again pleading with my hair for a break!



Okay. So here is the new haircut. A little different than the "rag mop" look I have been sporting lately. Lewis stared at me for a long time and finally said, "Mom, I'm not sure I like your new American Idol hair." Hmm. Which Idol does he think I look like? Click the link below and see if you can figure it out? I'm not sure myself.
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/

8 comments:

SarahMarie said...

Steph- I think your new do is super cute. I agree with you on the whole it looked better yesterday and I can't get it to look the same. I feel that way everyday, even though mine is naturally curly. When I got mine cut last week, I looked in the mirror and asked my friend Becky, who cut it, to put it all back on. But then we styled it and I am getting use to it. I love your new hair and you always look so cute no matter what, oh and I love you too.

Allison said...

Love the new hair! Honestly though...I think you are stressing over it to much. The more you mess with it the worse off you are. Just style it and let it be. I know fi I'm having a bad hair day, it's just gets owrse the longer I mess with it and stress over it. If I lived next door still I would come do your hair everyday! I did go to beauty school you know! But anyway, I do like you new style! You are one hot mama!

jess said...

Amen, Sister. I feel the same about hair. In fact, I am struggling with needing something new, but it's easy now. But honestly Steph, I have always loved your hair, you always look great!

Brinda said...

What a cute blog site! Who did you have do your family picture?

Your hair has ALWAYS been cute! I remember being envious of it back when I was in high school (and again at Jaime's shower) Your new look is great!

Kari said...

I seriously beleive this!! Listen up! You think way to hard and long about your hair. You worry way too much about it. My mom does the same thing. She's trying so hard in the morning working on her hair, that never turns out right (in her opinion) and then constantly thinks about her hair for the rest of her day. I think if we just took on a task, finished it, and moved on to more important things, we wouldn't stress about the little things. STEPHANIE, you have beautiful hair, and you are a beautiful woman. I'm sure all would agree with me. YOU are the only one that doesn't like your hair. It's like Edward says... "you don't see yourself very clearly, you know."
If I think my hair's gonna turn out bad, I just do it how I normally do it, and forget it. By noon, it looks good, and I don't know why I was stressing over it to begin with. Fix it and forget it!

Steph said...

Gosh, thanks for all the "hairapy" bloggers. I will try harder to fix it and forget it!

raw mom said...

david cook or ramielle...i dont know...but that's funny!

jen said...

I love love love love love your new hair cut!!!!! I just might copy it I love it that much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...