background

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Shout Out to My Books!

So, last week a few of my girlfriends and I went out to dessert and got talkin' about books. We usually include books into our topic of conversation but this time I made us a little assignment. The idea is to come up with a list of the TOP TEN most influential books we have ever read. Books that have stayed with us long after we have read them. Ya know, the ones you can quote or the characters and events within them that you think about in different situations in life. I started my list yesterday and I quickly realized how hard it will be to narrow it down. I haven't read NEAR the books I have wanted to yet, but I have read some truly terrific stuff too. I think this should be an assignment for all of us! Make a list of your best books. It's trickier than you'd think, but do it anyway. It is interesting to see which books have shaped your thoughts and opinions and have caused you to think about life in different ways. Words are indeed pretty powerful things! So, here are the top ten that are on my list of ultra powerful, life changing words!

Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ
Confessions of an Organized Homemaker, Deniece Schofield
Positive Discipline, Jane Nelson
The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck
To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Reviving Ophelia, Mary Bray Phipher
Tuesdays With Morrie, Mitch Albom
Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
Charlotte's Web, E.B. White
The Peacegiver, James L. Ferrell

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Good list of books, and a great suggestion. I need to think about my top ten!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...