background

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Loose Talk

I might regret admitting this to the world but oh well! I have a confession to make. I subscribe to "Us Weekly." That's right! Us Weekly, a total trash magazine full of meaningless gossip and other questionable material. It is a total guilty pleasure and since we only get like 8 channels on our T.V. my only connection to the exciting happenings of Hollywood! Anyway, tonight I have been packing for a three day trip I am leaving on tomorrow and I found myself frantically searching for this week's issue to take with me. (Luckily I found it, but it worries me a little that it was causing me such stress when it was M.I.A. Yikes!) So, the whole point of me blogging this is that one of my fave sections in the magazine is the called "Loose Talk, What the Stars Said This Week." Since I am around such cute little kids day in and day out, I am within earshot of some pretty noteworthy quotes. As I was reading this week's "Loose Talk" (okay, so I took a short break from the packing), I realized it would make a fun post. Maybe these won't be as funny to the outside world, but I will get a giggle when I read back on them in the future. Here is some Loose Talk for this week:
"Mom, Conner took my name in vain!" Referring to the "ugly and loud" way his brother spoke to him. -Lewis
"I know why you like me mom, ("really Conner, why?") "because I think about what makes sense." Mom was a little confused at first then realized he was referring to his "reading skills."
"Mrs. Peterson, I think I am going to take you home with me." A student in Mrs. P.'s class who often hears the same thing said to him by his teacher. -Saul
"Mom, how 'bout I do some shadow puppets for you?" This was a suggestion from Lewis to entertain his mom on the way home from school one day. He made it so the puppets could be seen on the wall of the passenger side while she drove. She was impressed, not knowing that this was a talent he possessed. The "bat" ended up being her very favorite!
"Um. . .I'm thinking Arby's!" On the way home from a particularly long day. -Conner
"You guys are such boys! I need some GIRLS around here!" On experiencing a "near miss" to the face with a suction topped arrow. The person holding the bow? A little boy wearing an indian headress and not much else! -Mom

6 comments:

Mindi said...

i came to you from kenny and kasi, and i just had to say that i L-O-V-E us weekly--i have a long-time loving relationship with it.
stand up and be proud of your guilty pleasure!!!!

The Grantham Family said...

Girl...you just opened a whole new door! I LOVE that you LOVE US Weekly. My neighbor subscribes and I beg for her sloppy seconds. I will get it any way I can! Too bad we can't share! LOVED your silly quotes from cute kids. ps. Is it time for your cruise? I remember you saying something about Spring Break! If so, have the best time and can't wait to hear what you think about cruising. Um... Do not hold back in the food section! Also, how is the adoption process going?

jen said...

those are some of the cutest quotes I have ever heard!

Allison said...

Wow! I didn't know you were that kind of girl! LOL Yeah I agree with with Mindi! Be proud! We all need something other than the same ol everyday lives we all live. You are so funny! I love ya!

Amy M. said...

Darling post. What a great idea to write down the funny things that our kids say. Were you reffering to Steve in the indian head-dress...just kidding. Missed you at canasta.

raw mom said...

I LOVE US WEEKLY!!!!
i try to hide them in my cart at the grocery store because i eel like such a dork!! i LOVE to seewho wore it best and i LOVE the pics with dressy gowns...i really only get them for the pics and new hair do's ...who believes that stuff anyway!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...