background

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Other Sheep


"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." John 10:16

I am so grateful for this beautiful Easter Sunday and for the knowledge that I have of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I am blessed to be a part of this great and wonderful gospel where I can know, without a doubt, that he lived and died for me. How great it is to have the fullness of the gospel and to know that I am part of his "other sheep" and that he has a plan for me and my family. Today has been a peaceful and relaxing day. Yes, we woke up to squeals that "the Easter Bunny came," but I am grateful that my children understand that this day is about much more than that. Conner even recommended that we watch the movie, "The Testaments" together after church. He was so excited to tell me all about his favorite parts etc. (I think he thought this was my first time ever seeing it)! Little did he know that years ago when I saw it for the first time, it was such a testimony building event for me. I am grateful to Grandma Peterson for adding it to our home video library where we can watch it and feel of its spirit whenever we want (thanks Grandma)! It has been especially meaningful today as we celebrate Christ's triumph over death. I am also especially grateful to be a part of the primary and to see the children grow with the knowledge of the Savior each Sunday. Today, one of my friend's little daughter's gave this sweet scripture that just sums it all up for me. . "Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kigndom of heaven. Amen." D&C 6:37


Hope you all have had a joyful Easter!

3 comments:

Kirk said...

Awsome Blog. Yours is way better than mine.

Brooklyn said...

Hey Stephanie! I know you have to remember me! This is Lindsay(Lundgreen) Bean. I came across your blog off my sister-in-laws. Just wanted to say Hi and you have a cute little family!

Brooklyn said...

Glad you remembered me! I figured you would. I used to call your house like every morning for about 5 years to ask what Jaime was wearing! haha. Anyhow Dave said to tell you Hi! And he doesn't remember the blood brothers thing. He thought it was funny though.
I can't believe I used to go over to your house and Dave would be there with Kristi. Little did I know that one day we would be married! I always thought he was cute, but was too shy to talk to him. Your boys are so CUTE!! How is the rest of your family doing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...