background

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Okay. . .Picture This!

This morning, when the alarm went off, Steve and I got quite the shock. It said 8:10!!!! What happened? We scampered out of bed, showered, got the kids and ourselves dressed and bolted for the door! He was freaking out that by the time we pulled into the school parking lot, it would be time for "School Square" (our morning pledge of allegiance/announcement ceremony that Steve runs each morning). I was feeling guilty about missing the meeting I was supposed to be to at 7:30 that had long since ended. As we lifted the garage door and got settled into the car, it didn't dawn on us that the sun was not shining (we are so used to leaving before the sun comes up, that we really didn't think anything of it). Then, Steve glanced at the clock just as he was about to put it in reverse. "Wait a minute," he said, "this clock says 6:30!" "WHAT?" I looked down and confirmed, then I ran back in the house to check the microwave clock. Yep, sure enough we were not AT ALL late, just a couple of hours EARLY! I went back out to the garage and saw my little family sitting there in the van and we just all buckled over laughing! How did the alarm clock get sooooo messed up? Steve thinks he must have pushed a wrong button when he thought he was hitting snooze? "Well," I said, "let's go eat some breakfast!" What a funny, crazy way to start the morning! Just another crazy occurrence to jot down in the record books for our adventurous school year!

7 comments:

Allison said...

How FUNNY! I laughed out loud!! I could picture it all! I hate when stuff like that happens. It makes the rest of the day not seem to go quite right! How did your boys act getting up two hours early?

Steph said...

That's another funny thing about it. Conner is such an early riser anyway, so he was already up! Both boys were totally "go with the flow" about it and just thought it was so funny.

SarahMarie said...

I have to tell you Steph there were mornings I did that when I was an hour behind before this time change. It is quite the scare and then when you realize it, all you can do is laugh. I also wanted to tell you that I have greatly enjoyed getting to know you guys this year and I love you and your husband and the boys too. You all have been wonderful to me.

The Grantham Family said...

A day in the life of....
What a fun memory and I can just imagine the stress turned to confusion turned to laughter and a great morning with a fab breakfast! You crack me up girl!!

Jaime said...

Too funny! I bet that was such a huge relief to realize you're not really late! Hilarious!

Kari said...

How great would that be! To be able to leave together as a family everyday, and be so close... all day. I realize it's not always so wonderful, but it does sound like this experience is something all 4 of you will never forget!!! Oscar and I had an experience with Dramamine (sp?) once on a cruise. We took a nap at 3:00 pm, and woke up thinking that is was the next day. We got ready, went to eat breakfast... and we didn't understand why they were serving spegetti for breakfast! It had only been 2 hours, though we thought we had been alseep for hours! Nobody understood why were laughing so hard! It was funny...

Taz-n-Family said...

Love the story! I can just picture the looks on your faces!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...