background

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Awesome Neighbor

We have the coolest next door neighbor EVER!
She moved here from California a few years ago and once Steve learned that she taught school, he snatched her up to be a part of his staff. He has often said, "what would we do without Carolyn?" She is the bomb! She is the reading coach at our school and helps the teachers stay on track with everything the state reading program asks us to do. Not only does she keep everything afloat at school, but she is the best at EVERYTHING else she does too. She's one of those gals that has major power tools in the garage and knows how to use them! Some of you might beg to differ, but check out all these reasons why we think she is the numero uno, COOLEST neighbor ever!

She drives a Mustang convertible and lets us (or the high school cheerleaders) ride around in it with the top down!
She always has EVERYTHING we don't, so she's
our "go to" neighbor when we're all out of something.
She and her sister give our boys gifts on all the major holidays and birthdays!

She knows how to do EVERYTHING and has helped
us with a gazillion little projects. I only have pictures of these few examples:

(Um, she whipped up those trees, signs and mural in next to no time!
She is fearless and everything always looks good)!

She "Martha Stewart's" everything she touches!

She VOLUNTEERS to watch our kids so Steve and I can have "date night."


She hires our kids to do odd jobs for her while she is away on her many travels and then pays them super good money for their work!

Um the queen mother of them all. . .she landscaped the side of our house (including installing a drip system and a hand-made bird house) at NO COST to us! She said she had been "thinking about an idea" (translation, she was tired of looking at our un-landscaped side yard) and we said-GO FOR IT! She apparently needed to invest in some projects like this for tax

write offs, but we totally got the better end of the deal!

So, I think it is quite clear. We really do have the BEST neighbor! And, today is her birthday so Happy Birthday Carolyn! We think you're the best!!!

10 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I so totally agree with you. She is the greatest lady in the world. She is someone that is always always there for me and totally makes my day great everytime I see her. She totally volunteered to come in my room today and teach my kids a game. I was like come on in and share away.

Laura and her boys! said...

Awesome neighbor! I have some pretty good ones, but no one has asked to landscape my backyard, so she totally wins the award!

Kari said...

you're so sweet, Steph!

Kylee said...

You are so sweet. I will be in St. George in 13 days!! See you soon.

P.S. I love you!

Allison said...

You think you are lucky??? She's MY mother-in-law!!! You are so right! She is AMAZING! I have to say though...I'm a little jelouse you get to see her so much! All of us that are blessed enought to have Care in our lives are SO BLESSED!!! We LOVE her so much!!! Great post about the greatest lady on earth!

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

What a great post! Im glad she has great neighbors like you too.

Amy M. said...

I love hearing about this lady. The fact that she goes to Dennys with you guys, puts her at the top of my list. She sounds wonderful. Good neighbors make such a difference.

Anonymous said...

Wow-hold onto her!!

carolyn said...

Hey, my computer finally works and I was's able to see your blog. This is so nice. I really enjoy you as neighbors too. I also enjoy date nights with the boys. For my next project I want to take on the high school. I think WE could really do a great job. Here's to great neighbors everywhere!!

Tammy said...

Wow! I wish I were that kind of neighber! ...and if she ever decides to move back to CA, send her to Chico.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...