background

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sun'l Come Out. . .

So, the week started pretty rocky, but ended up being pretty O.K. Tuesday morning, Conner woke up sicker than sick. I got my substitute plans ready and prepared to stay home with him (how convenient that this would occur the day after the chipped tooth and broken dryer?!? I guess someone is looking out for me:)) I mean, NO fun at all for poor Conner, but I was able to get my tooth fixed and, at least, get started on figuring out what to do with the dryer thanks to this day off. Well, we had a guy come and look at it and as I was walking by the room, I noticed him pulling out layer after layer of lint. I asked, "Is that normal?" he said, "Well it is and it isn't." He proceeded to explain the whole process of what a dryer does and where the lint goes etc. etc. and then he showed me the BURNED pieces of lint and my dryer!


Apparently, there was a small FIRE in my dryer!!! Yikes! He said he has seen much worse damage but that it's a good thing it stopped working. Some people's dryers will keep on working, even when things start smoldering and that is when house fires occur. Anyway, we priced new dryers and decided getting this one fixed was the best deal. He changed some coil thingys, re-lubricated some other thingy and ordered a new seal (since the old one melted a little bit). He also cleaned out all the nasty lint build up and vents and assured me that it won't happen again, especially if I get my duct work cleaned in the next three years as is recommended (every 8-10 years you should have this done-just F.Y.I.). Anyway, crazy, craziness! But, my dryer is now functioning and it feels sooooo great to not have twenty gazillion piles all over the place!

Also, people have been asking me about that chipped tooth. I am embarrassed to say that it happened because I was trying to remove a staple out of some paper with my teeth. Now, I have done this a million times in my life. I guess it was time that fate stepped in to teach me a lesson. It really wasn't that noticeable to the onlooker, the chip was tiny off the front bottom part of the tooth. It was really just buggin' me. I couldn't stop messing with it. Anyway, fifteen minutes in the dentist chair (and $50 dollars) later, it is fixed! Take a look:

















Ha! Just Kidding! Those are some funny teeth Lewis won at his Pack meeting this week! Of course I have to be the cool mom who tries them on and lets her kid take a picture of it! Seriously though, here is the results of the dental visit. Good as new:


Also, Tuesday was the day Steve left for his monthly meetings out of town, so DENNY'S DAY for us (who can resist free food for the kids???)! Conner was still not feeling that great, but much better than he was earlier in the day. He ate applesauce and French fries. Lewis ate his entire meal (French toast sticks and fruit, the rest of Conner's (mini hot dogs) and even some of mine: Cinnamon-Apple French toast! He must be growing.

Hey-standing invitation to whoever wants to join us on our monthly visit to Denny's! Let me know and I'll keep you posted when we go next. There are always a ton of moms there with their kids (I'm thinking their husbands must be out of town or at meetings too)! Anyway, we always have a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Vanes said...

Hey!! Can't wait to see the boys at football - hopefully we're in the same league?~ Are you with SUSC? Are both the boys playing? Hopefully we meet up! Our first game is on Thursday!

Amy M. said...

Yikes,scary about your dryer. Lucky that it wasn't something bigger. Love the teeth. And I love that you guys do the Denny's thing. My family loves it! Great minds think alike.

Laura and her boys! said...

Hey, I want to be invited to Denny's night! I'm going to check my dryer right now! Who wants a fire? All my hard scrapbooking going up in flames. I don't think so!!!

PS We gotta get together girl! I haven't seen you in ages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...