background

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What we've been up to lately. . .

It has been AGES since I have done a post! My camera is full of pictures, I just have been lazy as can be about getting things updated on here. Thanks to my awesome husband for doing a new post and buying me even a few more days! I actually have an appointment this morning and had to get a substitute so I am blissfully home right now with nothing better to do (well, I could be folding laundry. . .) than peek on blogs and get mine caught up! So, here's what we have been up to lately. . .behind the scenes!

Quick Trip Up North to meet with a couple about adoption. Sweetest kids EVER. What a trial they are facing. They are definitely in our prayers and we are turning this one over to the man upstairs. We will see what will be. While we were up that way, we visited with Sandi, Steve's youngest sister and her family and went out to eat for my birthday. It was a RELAXING and fun weekend and a good break away from our crazy lives. These are the only pictures I took on this trip. The boys were being so cute. We were at Cafe Rio and they had finished their meals and the adults were still talking and eating. Instead of being little pests, they cozied up together by the window and kept themselves entertained just talking and people watching I guess. I thought they looked so sweet, I snapped this picture-of course, it is blurry-Conner trying to get away before I could snap the pic). I tried to get another one (Lewis trying to keep Conner contained-love it) but the moment had passed. Oh well, these pictures will trigger the memory of their cuteness!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I have a pretty cute mom. She and I have birthdays within days of each other. It has always been fun to have close birthdays. This year we went out to dinner at Iggy's and then went to her house for cake after. She had a great birthday, spoiled by her coworkers and husband and as I was leaving, her visiting teacher dropped off a huge bouquet of balloons AND flowers! I thought that was sooo nice! I've never gone that ALL out for my V.T. ladies! It was inspirational! Seriously. Makes me want to be better at remembering and acknowledging people's birthdays. As a side note, thanks to all my awesome friends, family, neighbors, ward members, co workers, blogging pals- SO many of you who wished me a HB too! It really is so nice! Especially as you get older and really don't want to celebrate that fact!~ Anyway. . .HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a great mom! You are the best!


CORN MAZE 2008! Laura started this tradition clear back in 2001, I think! I did not attend the first few, but we have been to as many as we have been able to. This year it was Laura and her boys and Tiffany and her family plus ours. Every year the Staheli family adds something new and fun to their farm festivities. We had fun doing the usual, playing in the corn and sliding down the slides, riding the fun little farm swings, practicing our roping skills and petting the animals. Then we loaded up on the truck and headed out to the maze. This year we made it through in record time! Of course, the highlight for me is the food. I enjoyed the corn chowder, caramel dipped apples and hot chocolate. This is a favorite fall tradition and nobody seems to tire of it!


GIRL'S WEEKEND!!!! I actually was able to break away and make it this year. Every year, a bunch of gals from high school and college days start emailing about plans for the girl's weekend! It is exciting the planning and scheming, knowing we will have some time away to relax and catch up. We have been to various places but Vegas is always a winner! This year, I could only make it for one day since Steve's high school reunion conflicted with the whole weekend plans. Luckily, another friend was in the same boat so we just rode back together and it was fun. However, I don't EVEN want to hear about all the fun that was had after we left! This year, it was all about relaxing and eating! We have learned from trips past that we really don't need to plan a whole lot. Just chilling in the hotel room or hanging out around a big noisy dinner table is all we need! We shopped at the cute new Town Square and hung out in the "V.I.P." lounge at the hotel (thanks Kenny for the sweet hook up!) after several restaurant stops- P.F. Changs, California Pizza Kitchen and Cheesecake Factory. We chatted well into the night and relaxed our little fannies off. Some might look at our "Vegas" get away as a little dull, but getting together with all these great gals is never a dull moment!


The shopping. . .


The "lounging". . .


The eating and NON STOP fun. . .

(K girlfriends, I obviously didn't get the best girls weekend photos. Please share the love through emailing all you got!)

FLAG FOOTBALL SEASON in full swing! I'm really proud of our boys this year. They are both smokin' up the fields each week. Conner is the amazing touchdown king and Lewis is a flag pulling maniac! I tried to snap some photos at Conner's last game. I could never get him when he was actually making the touch downs. One week, we were sitting right at the end zone and he came running along victoriously-it would have been the PERFECT picture! Of course, I didn't have my camera that time. Oh well, I am not worried. He is amazingly fast and I'm sure I'll get the photo op again! I really want to catch the memory of him turning to us, after he's made the touch down, and give us the thumbs up! It is awesome! I need to bring my camera to Lewis' game this week too. I don't have any pictures of him in uniform yet. They both just look so cute with their huge jerseys and those flags! Anyway, we have been getting quite a bit of football in lately. Good times!


SO. . .That is where we have been lately. Hopefully, once Halloween is over (um carnival etc.) I can get back to my regular blogging regimen!

9 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I know the feeling. I just feel like I get home and have no time to do things on here. However, you have been very busy. I hope everything turns out well with the adoption.

Laura and her boys! said...

I'm glad to finally read something new! LOL Well, I wish we could get a Vegas trip going as well, but once again, I think it will have to wait until next year! Ugh, I hate "someday syndrome!" Anyway, my football season is almost over along with soccer, so I'm looking forward to relaxing on Saturdays instead of running around like a mad woman. I hope you had a great b-day, and that everything in life turns out the way you deserve and desire! Love you girl!

Laura and her boys! said...

PS Can you make me a CD of the corn maze pictures you got this year?

Miss Kay said...

Steph-
I love your blog! I can't believe how big the boys are. :(
It looks like you are all having a lot of fun. Thanks for the update!

tiburon said...

You are one crazy busy lady!

Tiffany said...

Hey. Thank you for this. There is more in those words than I can explain right now. Anyway, how cute are our boys with their big front teeth. They will only look like that for a little while so, I will love it while it lasts. Love- Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are super busy these days! I hope you had a fabulous birthday and I think I am a little jealous about the Vegas trip. Good for you!

Lindsay said...

Does life ever slow down? I am so jealous about the corn maze. Every year we say we are going, but never do. Hopefully we will make this year. But probably only if time slows down:)

Laura and her boys! said...

Did you buy CD's yet? I want those corn maze pictures!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...