background

Monday, September 22, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours! Or is it. . . Raindrops on Roses?

I saw a cute post on Tanja's blog and I think it is just the therapy I need for this awful Monday I am having. (To give you a little idea, here are a couple of the top annoyances: broken dryer and a chipped tooth-AWESOME)! So, to RE-FOCUS my attention to happier things, here are a few of my favorite FALL things that are taking my mind off the inevitable (and expensive) cruelties of life!

I love driving up to the house and seeing the Fall colors on the door!
My favorite fall scent. . ."Autumn Walk" candle by Gold Canyon
(Kristin, you don't still sell these do you?)

Crisp, clean, fresh air, day and night! I love that the windows can be open all the time now!

A stocked pantry thanks to the Harmons Case Lot Sale (every Fall and Spring):)
Dinner is served thanks to Signature Suppers baby! This place was invented for families like ours! I've been going crazy since we used up our last meal a few weeks back. Thank heavens I've got some meals in the freezer again:)

I have been LOVING this salad dressing lately. Nothing fancy or super terrific about it, I just love that it is all natural and tastes soooo delish!

Speaking of food, I have a strange Fall craving. It is Cream of Wheat. I don't know why, but as the weather cools down, nothing sounds more satisfying, as a late night snack, than a yummy bowl of this stuff with a little butter, sugar and a pinch of salt! I know, weird!

Planning for the upcoming Halloween festivities! I love helping the kids decide what they want to be for the big day and this year, I get to be in charge of the Halloween Carnival too! Luckily, I live next door to the clone of Martha Stewart and she is helping me with her sketches and ideas and genius. I love having these fun thoughts bouncing around in my brain!

Some good, mindless reading to sink into after the kids go to bed, which is earlier now because it gets darker sooner! YEAH!
I LOVE FALL!!!!


So, this has been pretty helpful. Aside from the fact that I keep running my tongue over my chipped tooth and I keep looking over at the mountain of laundry that won't be getting dry anytime soon, these favorite things of mine are balancing out the day. Here's to a happier Tuesday, tomorrow!

13 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so sorry about your dryer... That's so not fun! How did you chi your tooth? Are you okay? Hope so. And yes... heres to hoping for a better Tuesday than Monday.

Erika said...

*chip
(and obviously I should look over what I say before I post it)

SarahMarie said...

Well you were in a good mood after school today. I am so glad that at times we can see that our students are not as worse off as we think. Also sorry to hear about the tooth. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad and sorry about the drier. I know what you mean about when it rains, it pours.

Laura and her boys! said...

Steph,

Way to look on the bright side. I also love the fall, but what I wouldn't do to get summer back!

Lindsay said...

I love FALL! We are together on this one. I also loved the carnival drawings, it is going to be so much fun. Let me know what I need to do. And so sorry about your tooth. That always ruins a day.

Anonymous said...

I love your post and I so-o wish you a happier week! Here's to a better day-

The Walch Family said...

I'm so sorry about your tooth. You have such a beautiful smile... You always have !!! It can be fixed. I understand about the dryer. Hopefully that will be done soon too. You ALWAYS look on the bright side. I love that about you.
love you
Colleen

Mindi said...

steph--you should totally NOT fix your chipped tooth and you could be like lloyd christmas in dumb and dumber! just saying....

love all your fall stuff--

emurdock said...

well I am glad to see that you are going to be positive about your crappy day. Sorry about the tooth and the dryer. I wish I still lived by you and could help out:(

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

I love your fall wreath. I also love your black door. It looks like its out of a magazine.

The Grantham Family said...

Steph!

Thanks for this post. I too LOVE fall and cannot wait to break out my pumpkin spice scents! Sorry about your dryer...and your tooth!?

ps. I am SOOOOOO grateful for your Mr. Clean Febreeze post and I too have caught the obsession! I am in LOVE!!!

jen said...

Why are your blogs so dang cute and meaningful? I am lucky if I get a few pics up every once in a while!!!

Vanes said...

Are you kidding me? A chipped tooth?! How did that happen?
*By the way, I love the fall wreath! So cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...