background

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take Me Back Tuesday!


Today I have been missing my little sidekick Conner. Last year, he was permanently attached to my hip! This year, when I see him in the halls, he tries to pretend he doesn't see me and acts all BIG and TOUGH! I have to sneak up behind him and grab him up for a quick snuggle! He tries to break away (but secretly, I know he loves it. . at least I hope he does)! He is too big this year and I miss having him in my class to look at and talk to all the time. Last year, he was my little lunch buddy. He would eat his lunch with me before he headed out to recess with his friends. I miss my lunch dates with my little Conner. I am so glad I have this full time Kindergarten job this year to keep me busy and occupied so I don't have to be home eating my P.B. and J. by myself. At least I know that I can sneak a few glances and even some sneaky hugs, when the opportunity arises. But, if I could, I'd like to go back to the days when my little Conner boy was with me all the time and he still acted like he loved it as much as me!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very sweet boy, and I am sure he loves all the attention!

jen said...

I know what you mean about missing the little cuties...mine are so big now it really makes me sad! By the way I have been loving your birthday present to me (last year) I have been using some of the ideas in those books you gave me...so dang cute!

Jaime said...

Oh-little Conner is growing up. Keep on sneakin' those hugs!
Jaime

The Walch Family said...

They sure do grow up so fast... so get the hugs and snuggles in while you can. Before you know it, he'll be going on his mission !!!! Love you tons !
Colleen

SarahMarie said...

You just have to do that every once in awhile. I know that I do it with Savanna all the time and some of my other second graders from last year. But I can see how you feel without having him around.

Erika said...

He definately loves it as much as he used to, I'm sure of it. Especially when I'm not as nice or give as many chances to him or anyone else in class. I had a few today say to each other, "I want to go back to kindergarten. She's mean." and yes... I am the she they are refering to!

emurdock said...

It is so fast that they grow up. I know Conner loves it as much as you do. Josh surprised me the other day when I had to take something to him at school. He was at lunch with his friends and gave me a hug as we were getting ready to leave and said I love ya! Can you believe it! Just keep sneaking in all the hugs and he will surprise you some day.

Mindi said...

oh my HECK!!!! i had to come over here and tell steve that i think he's a STAND UP GUY for 'coming out' on my blog--love it.

ps i would go to your elementary school if i could. thanks for saying 'sup--you made my whole week!

Lindsay said...

Hey tell me what you think. I started a new blog for the pto. Take a look and let me know.

beaverdampto.blogspot.com

Keep in mind it is a really rough draft.

Laura and her boys! said...

Don't they grow so fast? I don't want my little Dylan to ever change. He's such a cute guy! But then it is fun to see how big Tayler's getting. Today he actually told me he needed deodrant. I smelled his pits, and he does! I can't believe that I'm going to have a stinky teenager around soon! Would he kill me if I shared this on my blog?

The Bailey Family said...

He is so cute! I dread the day my kids get "too big" for me! Luckily, I think Conner is still in need of attention from his mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...