background

Friday, June 13, 2008

What's Your Flavor?


It wouldn't be summer without a few stops at the Sno Shack every now and then. When Steve was little, his favorite was "Tiger's Blood" (which is a mix of all the red flavors). I, of course, loved Bubblegum! Now that we are full fledged adults, we still love the shack, but our tastes have changed a little. My approach is usually to ask the person working the counter for his/her suggestion. They usually know about the best mixes and I have never been let down by one of their recommendations. This time, the girl told me about Strawberry & Mango. It was just what I was in the mood for. Steve ordered the Flavor of the Month called "Hawaiian Harvest", a mix of Passion Fruit, Guava and Kiwi. He wasn't as impressed with this one. Lewis ordered the "Superman" a mix of Cotton Candy and Strawberry and Conner stuck to the ol' standby-Root Beer! He is still enjoying his as he sits next to me while I type this out. He actually just got hit in the face with a baseball (that darn dad couldn't seem to get it into his mitt) and the Sno Shack is relieving some of the pain. Luckily, just a little blood and no loose teeth. Luckily he had the Sno Shack to immediately sooth the pain! See, Sno Shacks aren't just fun, they serve a purpose too! What's your flavor?

Mom = Mango & Strawberry :)
Lewis = Superman! :)
Conner = Root Beer :)


Dad = Hawaiian Harvest :( (Tiger's Blood is still his fave)!

9 comments:

Allison said...

I'm alwsy up for some tigers blood. I'm with Steve. I ALWAYS get the same old thing and it's tigers blood for sure!!!

Erika said...

Sounds like you wasted no time, with the boys back! Already a bloody nose, sheesh! I love snow cones, in fact I own a snow cone maker... I'm a strawberry daquri, blue raspberry girl myself, that actually sounds so yummy right now! I'm jealous!

Kari said...

I have not yet gone to the Sno Shack. We didn't have these in Cali, and so I'm very intriged. It's been 2 years that we lived here, and I still say, "we need to try one!" as we drive all over town. Tomorrow might be a good day to start a summer tradition!

Look yummy!

Jaime said...

James and I are never let down with lime. Yum-oh! How fun. Still too cold up here to be thinking of cooling off with a sno cone. Will summer ever get here?

Renee said...

Yeah - we love sno shacks/shaved ice too, the one by Harmons is the best! My fav is cherry and cola! I also like any fruit mixtures so I will have to try strawberry/mango. The boys go for any superhero flavor! I know what we are doing later today!!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't stay warm enough to have Sno Shack in Colorado, but I think I would have to try the strawberry mango or peach!

Yum...

raw mom said...

tigers blood and wedding cake put a smile on my face!

Laura and her boys! said...

You gotta love shaved ice in the summer! I'm with Steve on the Tiger's Blood, but the Strawberry Mango sounds yummy too! I'll have to try it next time. As for baseball accidents, they are a dime a dozen around here! LOL

Mindi said...

when i was little and we'd get a shaved ice up at the OLD andelin's gable house, i always got mauna loa--i never see it anymore

it's basically watermelon and pina colada. yum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...