background

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to Conner!

Conner's birthday was yesterday and boy was it a DAY! I've decided there is one good thing about having the boys' birthdays so close together, that is, the chance for us as parents to redeem ourselves if the first party doesn't turn out quite as planned (scroll down to the post that I did 9 days ago). Usually, Conner likes to do the SAME party that his brother did (so it can be equal I guess) with the small change of the theme. For example, two years ago, Lewis had a party at our house complete with water balloons, slip and slide and two or three homemade games. His theme was Star Wars! 8 days later, we reenacted the same party with all the same games and activities, only with the Scooby Doo theme. This is how we've always done it (minus last year when we had a Disneyland party for both of them). So, when last week's party turned out to be so exhausting and crazy, I was dreading Conner's big day. Luckily my husband is a genius and enlightened me to the fact that we don't have to reenact the same party every time! He suggested a bowling party and Conner was ALL over it! It turned out to be the most low stress, fun, and easy going party imaginable! The kids had such a good time and the people at Dixie Bowl were so accommodating and really went all out for my boy! It turned out to be a really fun day. Here are some highlights (just move the cursor across each picture to view the whole thing and read the caption)! The only thing that could have made it more perfect is if I could have found a way to make my baby shrink backwards a few years instead of turn SIX!!! If anyone ever figures out a way to do that, let me know. Until then, H.B. Conner Boy!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for sharing your boys today. My girls had so much fun. It got them so excited to see them in Tucson. Conner is such a cutie! He said he had a great day yesterday and your pictures made it look like you pulled off a fun day. It has got to feel good to be done with all b-days until next year. FYI- I don't think I am going to EVER change my blog again. Way to much work. I didn't like the background to my other one. This one is a little more simple.

Anonymous said...

How fun, it looks like they all had a great time! Those pictures are really cute, even the one of the smelly bowling shoes. We think a lot alike because I would have done the same thing! ;)

What's even better, you look like you were having fun...so here's to low stress birthday parties and being able to enjoy them with our kids!

Kari said...

Sorry we missed it. Chandler had a really bad tooth ache. Is that has you spell that??? Looks like you had fun! Off to the dentist we go!

Laura and her boys! said...

It really was a fun party. Dylan wanted to do the same thing this year for his birthday, but we couldn't get the bowling alley. Maybe it was a good thing because he only lasted 2 frames. Oh, well. We had a blast just the same. Thanks for the invite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...