background

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Fine Day

Remember that movie with Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney, One Fine Day, from about 10 years ago? I remember seeing it in the theater with Steve on Christmas Eve. It was the day he proposed to me and it was the current "romantic comedy" playing for the holiday season, so we were there! Steve totally fell asleep during the show (I guess their day wore him out just LOOKING at it) which I couldn't believe! I have never been able to doze off during a THEATER movie. . .at home maybe, but AT THE MOVIES? Anyway, this is beside the point. The point is, I remember that while this movie was playing out and Michelle and George were running around in their crazy lives for one single, fast paced day, I thought to myself. . ."No way. Life does NOT get THAT busy!. . .what an exaggeration . . .come on. . " Seriously, I really remember thinking that! How funny life is to correct you when you're wrong! Now that my life really IS this movie, reenacted DAY in and DAY out, I cannot believe I ever doubted its premise! Today was just another example of the craziness, but I thought I'd jot it down for future posterity. It might not make as RIVETING a movie as George and Michelle's, but this will be proof that days really can be crazy and life really can hand you fun little moments along the way.



So. . .today:


6:30-Wake up and run around the house getting ready for school for about an hour (don't forget, retakes today. Conner totally needs 'em since he pulled his MAD DOG face in the first batch). Head to school (25 minute commute)-realize fifteen minutes in that I've forgotten an important binder and Lewis left his homework at home. Bummer. No turning back.


8:10- School starts! Time to teach those vibrant, energetic little darlings. (Side note: I realize, I have not said a bunch about this new group of mine this year. I haven't taken many pics. They are the sweetest little group of kids EVER! I am soooo lucky. We have fun in our crazy, hectic days.). Today, we had fun with some Halloween projects added into the usual mix of learning.


2:45- Get those kiddos on the bus, clean up the classroom a bit and gather up the boys. Time to head out to make it to everything else on time.


4:30- Back in town- time change makes us lose an hour coming back home. BUMMER. (There's already not enough hours in the day. . .). Once home, grab a quick bite, freshen up a bit and get Lewis dressed for football.


5:15- Head clear across town to Lin's (which by the way was the ONLY store in town willing to donate soda to our school for the carnival- LIN'S is the place to shop)! Pick up the soda and paper products for the carnival.


6:00- Drive over to Lewis's game. He can only play for about 30 minutes so we can get back across town to go to ANOTHER carnival, the ward carnival.


6:30- Leave the game and head back to our house.


7:00- Run back inside the house long enough to change into our Halloween duds and get spooky for the carnival. While home-grab the front door when it rings (and try not to think about how my neighbor probably thinks we are total slobs with all our junk laying around the living room). She just needs me to pop on over to her Bunko party for a sec. and take some pictures of her group all decked out for Halloween. I commented. . ."You guys actually look like you're ENJOYING being in those costumes!"


7:20- Arrive at the Ward Halloween Carnival and chat and play games well into the night. It's nice to mingle with my neighbors and friends who I feel so far removed from in these past two years of never being home. The boys ran around and had a BLAST!


8:10- Get those kids in the shower!


8:20- Read scriptures with the boys and tuck them in.


8:40- Plunk myself down at the computer and get this new post up, all the while, waiting for my cute husband to call and tell me his status. CRAZY, CRAZY busy day. . .but fun. Completely FINE! Wouldn't trade it! Life is beautiful! Here are some pics to go along with our day.




 

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Can I just say that you are the best mom EVER?!

Steph said...

Um. . .no! Are you kidding me? "Best Mom EVER" would have made it through the day WITHOUT threatening the kids with their lives (if they didn't stop driving me nuts) and I'm pretty sure the kids would have eaten a little bit more balanced meal (besides root beer and pizza). Also, I am picturing "Best Mom Ever" to look a little more pulled together than I was. I was seriously a "hot mess" for most of the day and was actually RELIEVED to put on that purple wig and witch hat to cover up the most of the mess. So, for those reasons and many more. . .I hereby turn "BEST MOM EVER" back over to you Linds! You really are the the more deserving candidate!

Lindsay said...

OK then let me rephrase it. You are the COOLEST MOM EVER!

Tammy said...

You have more energy than the Energizer Bunny...holy cow. I love that you enjoy life so much.

Laura and her boys! said...

Totally fun day! Sounds like most of mine. I love the witch costume, BTW. We haven't even gotten our costumes on once yet this year, but we do have a ward party tomorrow night, so let the fun begin!

Erika said...

I have no idea how you do it. You're simply amazing by the way! I need to know if Conner's playing any Saturday games so I can come watch. I don't know if we'll be able to pull a weekday game with the craziness in our lives lately. Can't we all just slow down a bit? I just don't think it's possible.

SarahMarie said...

I know exactly how you feel. Life keeps going and I don't think it knows how to slow down ever.

Kylee said...

Steph,
You are a great mom to lewis and Conner. I hope everything is doing great.
-Kylee

Kirk said...

sounds like fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...