background

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Stephanie

So far I have been the silent partner in this whole blog game, but I wanted to take the reigns this once and wish Stephanie a Happy Birthday and list 5 things that I love about her (not in any order) and tell the world why she is such an awesome wife! Just so you blogging professionals know, this is completely out of my comfort zone and I don't have a very good idea how to do this.
#1 Stephanie is the absolute best mom in the whole world. She stopped teaching to be home with our boys and taught them preschool along with other kids in our basement, which was custom built to allow her to do this. As a result, both of our boys are fabulous readers, and have done really great their first few years of school. When I first met Stephanie she was teaching at my mom's preschool. All of the kids there absolutely loved her and I knew right away that she would be awesome! She has lived up to my every expectation and has exceeded my expectations in the mom category.
#2 She is a blast to be around and laugh with. It is so fun every night to watch something funny together on T.V. or play games or read something and just laugh.This is pretty much a nightly tradition. It is a great way to unwind and put an end to the crazy days that we have as educators.
#3 Stephanie is super supportive. Stephanie is so awesome. She left the confines of her own home and a thriving business to travel 25 miles every day across state lines to bail out her husband who wasn't able to find a kindergarten teacher at Beaver Dam Elementary. Every day she wakes up early, gets our kids ready ,and jumps into our car, eats breakfast and puts on her make-up on the way to school. She has not even complained once about doing this. She is a great teacher and works her little tail off to do everything she can to make the school thrive. In addition to what she does now, she supported me the whole time I got my masters degree and my administrators certificate, both of which took me away from home for long periods of time. She cheered me on as I delivered pizza for Papa John's in the evenings, worked summers doing tile, worked for Beacon Home Medical, and the many times I taught summer school. She was never embarrassed or disappointed that she didn't marry someone rich or famous. I could have never accomplished everything that I have accomplished without Stephanie and her support.
#4 Stephanie is beautiful. I don't know what to say about this one without sounding cheesy or weird. So I will just say that Stephanie is gorgeous and a lot of people who see us together are probably wondering how did he get her?
#5 Stephanie is non-judgmental and very forgiving. This is such an awesome characteristic. She never holds grudges. She forgives me and anyone else quickly when she could very easily be mad or offended. She just lets things roll of her back, smiles or laughs and moves on.

Wow! I think I did it? Blogging is pretty hard work. Not that it was difficult at all to choose 5 out of the many things that makes Stephanie great. But, it just took me a while and was hard. Kudos to Mindy (AKA: "Word to Your Mother" blogging queen) and to all others who take the time to post things for everyone to enjoy. And Happy Birthday to the coolest girl ever!

P.S. I have no clue how to put pictures on a post, so you will just have to look back into the archives!:)

12 comments:

Mindi said...

hb stephanie!! i hope you have a wonderful day--

and steve, you just scored MAJOR POINTS in the husband dept.....way to go. that was such a great way to show steph that you love her. smart way to get to a blogger's heart!

and thanks for the blogging love--glad you like.

enjoy your day stephanie!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Steph! Hope you had a great day. You are an amazing person. I truly admire all the things you do. And you have a pretty great husband(I think he just scored HUGE with the blogging world:)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Stephanie! I knew you were awesome from the moment I popped on your blog and I am glad that we've maintained our blogging friendship.

As far as your husband...that was the sweetest post ever! How sweet is he. You two are meant for eachother and I hope you had a fabulous day!

sunnie said...

So sweet of you Steve. Hope you had a great Birthday Stephanie.

Laura and her boys! said...

Wow Steve!!! Totally brought tears to my eyes. You did amazing!

Steph, I agree whole-heartedly with Steve. You are one awesome, terrific, amazing, stunning, beautiful, sweet, great girl! I'm really blessed to have you as a friend! I love you and happy Birthday!

Erika said...

And this is why I LOVE you guys! You're both amazing! Hope you had a great Birthday Steph... sorry I'm a delinquent friend!

SarahMarie said...

Steph- like I said at school he did wonderful on this. Steve did a good job. I hope one day I meet someone who is as thoughtful as your husband is. Even though I give him a hard time he is so so good to us at school. We are lucky to have you both. I hope you enjoyed your birthday and the gift I got you.

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

Very sweet blog. It sounds like you have a great husband. I wish I could have seen you while I was there this weekend, but I hope you had a great trip as well.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

I am ALWAYS missing birthdays! I hope it was a good one! What a sweet post.

Allison said...

Your husband is the best!!! What a sweetheart! You are both people I love and admire!!! Hope you had a great birthday!!!

carolyn said...

ok I finally got time to look on your blog and it's worth saving. Frame it and remind Steve in 25 years that he really can cross the bridge into girl world occasionally! You guys are a great couple and I love you both.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! Great job Steve! That was probably the best present you could've given her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...