background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Visions of Halloween




Halloween is one of those holidays that I am JUST so glad to see go! It is not like Christmas or Thanksgiving where you are a little sad to see it end and wait for as long as possible to take down the decorations or eat that last piece of pie. I think I look forward to the cleaning up of and the taking down of all the spooky reminders of the craziness even more than the actual making of the little projects and the details of the day. This year, we had our fill of fun Halloween events but the biggy came on Halloween evening, our school carnival. It turned out great. It was less stressful than I thought it was going to be, but nonetheless, I am a "stresser" kind of a gal, so I still wasted precious night's sleep worrying about how it was all going to pan out. Luckily, there are way awesome people that I work with who were willing to help take some of the load off. I remember at last year's carnival, I was running around like a mad woman and didn't have time to take any pictures. It would have made this year's carnival so much easier to put together had I done that. So, this year, I tried to take pictures before the major crowds started rolling in. A lot of the images are blurry, 'cause I was in a hurry, but at least they will be little reminders of what our carnival was like this year. I also got some pics of the kids at the trunk-or-treat that was held right after the carnival. Such a FUN-FUN night. I handed Steve the camera in the morning for the school parade because he did such a great job last year capturing most of the teachers in their costumes. This year, he totally dropped the ball. I think we had two images from the parade. One was of our son Lewis, which I am glad he got before his make-up got all smeared off. Anyway, Halloween was big, full and fun, but most of all it is OVER and I am SOOOOO glad! Now, to get rid of that Halloween candy. . .

11 comments:

Erika said...

I thought the carnival was great! Very nicely done Steph in the organizing and execution and Steven and Carolyn in the setting up!
We're all under a lot of stress this year. I don't know why but it is very noticable to me. I think we all need to "chill" a bit... maybe we can start that trend.

Anonymous said...

I am ready to relieve myself of all the stress before the bigger holidays roll around. It's been a crazy month!

Glad you had a fun night!

The Walch Family said...

I so agree ! I am happy to put all of the spooky stuff away and look towards the wonderful days of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Oh ! Jared's farewell is January 18th, so if you could come down, we would ALL love it ! Love you !

Kirk said...

so like fun

SarahMarie said...

I know exactly what you mean. I am totally stressed about way way too much. I think that we need to get away one weekend. I am thinking I need this weekend to get here fast since no school monday. The carnival was great and you did a wonderful job again this year. Well soon will come the easier holidays. Except, I don't know what to get my family for Christmas.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

I agree- I am ready to move on to the fun memorable meaningful Holidays! It seems like there are sooo many parties now for halloween- & it gets crazier every year. It is fun- but ready to move on.......
Love all the new pics :)

Kylee said...

The boys are so cool. I hope I was there!! Love you lots!!

SteurerStuff said...

Steph I'm so impressed with you! You are such a great mother. I'm sad I didn't get to see you at girl's weekend. It sounds like it was tons of fun. Mary

Vanes said...

I'm with you! Halloween... not my favorite holiday! The kids sure do love it don't they?! I can't imagine it from the teacher's end - I'd hate to have a whole classroom of dressed up kids! At my house there's only THREE!!

tiburon said...

Great pics - looks like you had fun :)

Laura and her boys! said...

Where's the picture of you? Hello, I wanted to see your costume. I know that it's crazy for you, so I'm glad it all worked out. The students look really cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...