background

Sunday, April 13, 2008

This Week's Five (and the Negative 5 Bonus)

5. Visitors- The Taylors graced our home with their presence this weekend. We had non-stop fun since the second they got here. I will have to do a post to fully showcase all the fun that was had. Good times!
4. Validation- When I had to take time off of work because of illness this week, my substitute approached my husband after school and said these words, "Your wife is the WOMAN for doing this everyday!" Ahhh. It feels good to be appreciated. Thanks Mrs. C. for braving those kindergartners twice this week!
3. A Great Deal- On the way home from baseball practice we couldn't resist pulling over to check out the "rock stand" hosted by Conner's best bud Curtis and some of his friends. The sign he was holding said $1.00. Unfortunately, all I had was some loose change. Luckily, those kids were wheelers and dealers! We walked away with a good handful of rocks (even scored one that looks like a dog) for no less than about $.63! What a great deal! The best part was the live entertainment (cartwheels) as we pulled away. I hope those kids stay in business, they were too cute!
2. Big Birthday Boy- Steve's 33rd birthday went off without a hitch. Nothing too fancy this year, just three or four days of extended festivities, starting with a fun barbecue with the Peterson's and ending with the traditional birthday breakfast extravaganza.
1. New Birthday Boy- My sister delivered her first child, finally! They have been married for eight years and he is their first. They sure have waited a long time for this little man. He is healthy and perfect. Yea!

Okay, now for the NEGATIVE Fives. . .
This week had a bit of a negative vibe to it. Here are the top 5 reasons (in no particular order):
5. Unnerving-The fact that my sister had some complications after the birth and ended up needing a blood transfusion was pretty much tooo much to swallow. The fact that we could not be there at the hospital with her (she lives in Wyoming) was even more unnerving. So glad all is FINALLY well. Phew.
4. Unsettling- Waking up in the night with the "feel-like-you're-going-to-die" stomach flu. Two days recovery time (but I have already played that tiny violin enough on this blog).
3. Unbelievable- Coming home from school and baseball and hearing several messages from banks saying that someone has tried to commit fraud with one of my checks! WHAT?!!!!
2. Unnecessary- Tossing and turning all night until the banks open the next day to figure out what the deal is.
1. Unfortunately- Having to file a police report and change bank account info. was no fun. This guy is thought to be a real identity theft loon. How did he get my check you ask? That is the even sadder (I know it's not a real word) story. My friend's purse was stolen and the check was written out to her inside her purse. I made the check out for $6 to pay her back for buying me some dinner. The thief tried to cash it for $2, 100!!!!!! Thank heavens for an on the ball bank teller! He suspected it was a "washed" check and kept it. The guy drove off, but not before getting a good amount of video surveillance footage on him and his vehicle. Now my friend and I are working with the police to catch a thief! Oh the fun never ends.

6 comments:

Mandi Brown said...

Are you kidding me, can you believe these things really happen, (theft), wow. you guys are all looking so good, the boys are growing like crazy. And you are the WOMAN for teaching like you do. We would love to see you sometime and thanks for all the comments on our blog, we love it. Take Care

Laura and her boys! said...

I'm sorry for being the friend that made you have to go through the sleepless night! And changing bank accounts is a pain (Believe me I now know!). Thanks for not ditching me on the curb for this one!

Amy M. said...

Seriously, that is terrible about your check. Losing my purse is one of my greatest fears. Hopefully everything works out. Oh and tell Steve "Happy Birthday."

Kari said...

Someone once stole Oscar's credit card, and purchased like 10 plane tickets to go overseas. Yah, it was crazy. Luckily credit cards are the best; if you use them right... they are good back to you! That is one thing you wished you dreamed about! I've had that happen to me before too. It's horrible how often this happens to people.

Kirk said...

The last one sux...hope u get ur identy thing back, that happened to my friends mom like 3 months ago

jess said...

Oh, one of my fears to have identity/check fraud, etc. I'm sorry, it just makes you feel so vulnerable! And I second, and third that you are the WOMAN for teaching those kids everyday. BUT they LOVE you, I can verify it...I hear it often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...