background

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In Her Shoes


I remember doing this when I was a little girl. Switching shoes with one of my school friends. What camaraderie! It just seemed so exciting to be walking in someone else's shoes for the day. Everything was a little more exciting. Recess was more fun. Lunch tasted better. Story time wasn't as boring, all because of that different and exciting "new" pair of shoes! I loved watching Fabiola and Alondra share this little connection with each other today. It helped that Fabi's shoes were really quite fabulous (little "mini me" type shoes with an open toe and a bit of a heel). They looked so cute with the little jean shorts Alondra had on. Personally, I think she got the better end of the deal. Alondra's shoes weren't really anything out of the ordinary, just simple white sandles. But of course, that matters not! The fun is in the sharing. Just be sure to switch back before the end of the day. I also remember getting into a little bit of trouble for coming home with the wrong pair of shoes once. . .

2 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I agree with you there. So how about we switch tomorrow? You could have the crazy day I had today. I will make sure they are ones that don't stink hahahaha. I am so sorry about that in Kingman. Anyways anytime you want to switch, I am willing and ready.

Steph said...

I say we keep our own shoes but switch classrooms! Those crazy kindergarteners would love to have you back, even for a day! I would LOVE to be Lewis' teacher again. How I miss that little man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...