background

Friday, February 29, 2008

My Five

I am inspired by my friend Erin's blog. She is always making "gratitude lists" and they motivate me to think more about all that I'm grateful for. Here is my list for this week:

1. I am getting more "tech savvy." I FINALLY fixed the header on this blog! All by myself too. I am kind of proud of myself because I could not get that dang picture to fit in the frame in past attempts, so I went into the HTML setting and just played around with the numbers until it finally fit! Yeah! I am starting to not be as intimidated by all this technology.

2. I only had to shave my legs once this week (thanks to laser hair removal)! I have only had one treatment about three weeks ago and I am amazed! I still have five more treatments to go, but in the end. . .no more shaving EVER!!!!!!!! I am soooo stoked! It is totally worth all the pain and expense.

3. My 1000 thread count sheets that helped me fall asleep fast even without Steve here. I had never known the luxury of super soft sheets until two Christmas's ago when we bought these. I tried to buy another set just like them this year, but for some reason, they don't feel quite as soft as these old ones that are on the bed now.

4. Helpful boys who helped me get started on spring cleaning yesterday. We ordered some new shelves for their room (from Company Kids. . .such good prices) and they were excited to make room for them by de-cluttering.

5. My sweet Lewis was chosen to be the Student of the Month today for being an example of honesty. I am so proud of him. He is, by nature, a very honest and sincere little boy.

So much to be grateful for. I think, in the end, it is the little things, like these, that bring true happiness. Acknowledging that these things made my week a little brighter is one way to feel less stressed and more grateful!

3 comments:

jen said...

So I have been so busy with my In-Laws and I haven't had time to comment on your blog but... I have still been checking it. I am so happy that you have one so I can make quick check ins when I want.

Lewyville said...

I am so jealous that you got laser hair removal! I want to get my pits done.

Steph said...

My friend's husband is starting a business and he gave all of her girlfriends a really great deal. Otherwise, we could NEVER have afforded it. I will give you the information if you want to try it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...