background

Saturday, March 8, 2008

This Week's Five

A few things that made my week Great!

1. Waking up on Monday and worrying about getting gas in the car (and making it to school on time) and then turning the ignition and realizing Steve had put gas in it for me!

2. Barbeque with the Croxalls (Jeremy and Wendy)! We really do have wonderful friends. We scored these awesome ones thanks to Steve. He and Jeremy served in the Young Men's Presidency together years ago. We have been hanging out with them since. They have three little youngsters. The first two are close to Lewis and Conners' ages and they get along great (even though they are GIRLS)!!! It helps that they live right up against a huge mountain and the boys like to hike up to the top with the dads and call back to us on walkie talkies! Wendy and I love to "catch up" while we get the food ready and play with her youngest baby boy. On this night, I couldn't help but realize that our kids are at the PERFECT barbeque age! They eat their food, help clean up and then spend the rest of the evening playing happily in the basement! This is a far cry from how are barbeques used to look (with all the messes and chaos that come from having wee ones running around)! Yep, we have been doing barbeques with these folks for a long time, but this one was especially relaxing and enjoyable!

3. Alvin and the Chipmunks with the boys and Uncle Kirk. My parents had to make a quick run up north so we got to have Kirk over for awhile on Tuesday. We decided to go to the "dollar" movie and what a great idea! This movie was so cute and funny! I am a huge "Chipmunks" fan! My sisters and I grew up with the Chipmunks and we loved to pretend to be them. Kristin (my oldest sister) was Simon (fitting since she wore glasses and was the oldest). I was Alvin (because I was definitely the MISCHEVEOUS one, and the middle child) and Jaime, the baby, was Theodore! This movie brought back the childhood memories and kept smiles on all of our faces. A fun afternoon!

4. Baseball season has begun! I know that I was pretty relieved when football season ended just a few short months ago, but I am stoked for the boys to be back in the "swing" of things with baseball. I love how "devoted" to their sport they become and how cute they look in their baseball hats. It was so great to see the excitement on their faces as they told me about their first practice and that they would both be "Angels" this year!

5. Friends and family willing to watch our boys while Steve and I were stuck in a weekend Constitution class. The class ended up being pretty enjoyable (and that could be the number 6 thing I am thankful for this week) and the boys were well taken care of by the Reyes' on Friday night and my mom on Saturday morning. They had a ball and I was reminded of how great it is to not be totally alone in this world!

4 comments:

Kylee said...

Steph,
I love Alvin & the Chipmunks they are so cute. I am Alvin, nate is Theadroe, and Chasen is Simon. See you soon.

kellbell said...

I just did Sara and her sister Jessica's pictures this weekend. I can totally see why you are friends. They both were sooo nice and there sessions were alot of fun!

Kirk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirk said...

Uncle Kirk thought that Alvin and the Chimpmunks was an awesome movie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...