background

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

I have this friend who has the BEST, most perfect, handwriting EVER! She is a school teacher and therefore has that trademark "teacher" writing but to the 100th power (it takes her ten minutes to fill out a check-it's that perfect)! She even FREE HANDED a cute poem all the way around her son's room and I'll tell ya, it is cuter than any vinyl lettering I've seen! Anyway, we teachers are always looking for a great, very standard, font that we can use in our classrooms and in projects with our students. In the past we have all been forced to rely on a few of the very limited options that have been available to us. However, there was always some "buggy" thing about these fonts that made us keep longing for something better. For years and years we all would say, "wouldn't it be great if we could have a "Sarah" font? Then all of our school projects could be exactly perfect!" Well, awhile back I saw an announcement for a font contest conducted by Creating Keepsakes Magazine. I called up Sarah and told her this was our shot to get that Sarah font! She did the work, sent in her submission and alas, hallelujah, it is finally here! The perfect "Everyday" font I've been waiting for for so long! It is now available through Scrap N' Fonts.com. I am including the link here if anyone else needs a great basic journaling font for whatever projects you find yourself working on, or (if you're like me) to add to your hundreds of font options on your word processor! Way to go Sarah! This is such exciting news for us teachers and scrapbooking friends alike! I will no longer be forcing you to journal on my scrapbook pages or write on my walls! I've got the font! Thanks!
http://www.scrapnfonts.com/searchdetail.php?psku=11197

3 comments:

Allison said...

That is so awesome!!! Way cute font! I checked it out! Super cute! I've alwyas thought ti would be cool to have a computer font in my own hand writing. Not that it's the best or anything but it would just be cool to type something as if I wrote it myself. So cool!!!

raw mom said...

very cute font...but no offense to her, i have been wanting YOUR hand writing for the longest time...i used to stare at the things the girls would come home with that had your writing on them!!! you can write on my walls ANYDAY!!

Lewyville said...

the heart gallery is there until sometime in March. Hopefully you can make it over and hopefully you find a child you want to take home! They are older kids though. The youngest I saw was 4 and she had a little note on her picture saying she had plans with a family. Most of the kids were teens.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...