background

Sunday, July 5, 2009

50 Book Challenge

So, I am stoked that I am finally on the book bandwagon. I was getting nervous there as the months rolled along and I was getting NOTHING read and I wouldn't be able to read 50 books by the end of the year. I am convinced it will be doable now. It is soooo enjoyable to have time to READ for fun these days! Working full time REALLY puts a damper on the reading of books. Somehow my mom manages to do it though? I just had too many things to juggle and could NOT get into a book no matter how hard I tried! I did read my fair share of educational materials and text books for teaching! I am glad to set all those aside now and get back into some good old fashioned novels!

So far, I have been able to check a few books off of the book list I posted back in the day (click here).

I think I need to keep a running tab on the books I have read for this year, so I am going to make a list in my Good Reads box on my side bar. I know some of you are doing the challenge and have read some of the books from the list. Let me know which ones are worth reading and which ones to skip. I got the list from the Shelfari Website a while back.. I also want to know which books to add if you've read something awesome lately.

I have had a hard time getting into some of the books from the list. I think I am still in a "non-fiction" or biography kind of mood right now. I have tried to start "The Hunger Games" but it is not jiving with me. I have a hard time with Sci Fi type stuff. Steve just finished it and said it was so good but isn't sure I am even going to like it. I will keep trying though 'cause everyone says it's amazing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...