background

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One Last Hoo-Raw!

We sort of fell off the blogging planet this past week. With my first day to report back to school being tomorrow, we decided to spend last Wednesday through Sunday with friends in Salt Lake City for ONE LAST HOO-RAW! I have heard a lot of people use this expression lately. It is definitely that time of the season. Bittersweet, when we realize the sunset is closing in on our summer fun. We definitely made the right choice when we decided to spend our last vacation of the summer with Chris and Lisa and their family. They were AWESOME! Our agenda included fun things like: Lagoon, The Gateway, movies, a play at Sundance, shopping and dining out at some of the BEST restaurants Salt Lake has to offer. Hanging out at the Taylor house was a blast too. My boys and their boys get along like peas in the pod-not one fight, argument or disagreement the entire four days! Just pure fun and excitement. Here is a little breakdown of our good time:

Thursday at Lagoon:
The last time we were at Lagoon was about 3 years ago and we spent most of the time on the kiddie rides which was just fine with me! It was such a blast and I took a million pictures of my sweet little boys riding things like The Flying Aces, Kiddie Boats and Puff the Magic Dragon kiddie roller coaster. This year, they were all about being TALL enough to ride the major stuff! We started off the morning waiting in the 30 minute line for WICKED! It was just that-wicked! Conner was terrified. Last year at Disneyland, he was fearless. This ride really freaked him out! Luckily, it doesn't last too long so he survived. He was back to his fearless self on all the other rides of the day and although he didn't want to admit it-he really did want to ride some of those 'baby rides.' We could tell by the way he was eying them when we walked by. Steve and Chris decided to send Lisa and me and the two older boys to do some of the scarier rides near the kiddie rides so that Roman and Conner could be indulged a little without having to try and fake not liking those baby rides. It worked out pretty good. We met up with them later at the kiddie bumper cars (which Lewis and Christian really looked intrigued by, but wouldn't admit it). Steve said something that made a lot of sense. He said, "They are trying to grow up too fast. They won't be small enough to fit on these rides for much longer." We tried to make the kiddie rides seem just as cool as the others, but Lewis and Christian weren't buying it so it was back to the scary rides for us all. After lunch and just when it was getting a little too hot, we took advantage of Lagoon-a-Beach, the water park within the amusement park. I really didn't want to (my phobia of public showers and how I loathe what I look like in a swimsuit were major factors)but it was so blasted hot, it actually ended up being quite nice. Steve's favorite rides of the day were actually the water slides at Lagoon-a-Beach. My favorite ride was the Tidal Wave. Conner really liked the Collasus and Lewis claims that the "Cliffhanger" is his favorite! It is a crazy ride that suspends you upside down (for longer than I can tolerate) and then once it flips you back up, you're blasted in the face with a huge spray of water. When I saw my little Lewis on this ride, I seriously got nervous for him. I didn't think he would like it, but it ended up being his favorite and he waited in line for it twice. Overall, this Lagoon day was awesome. It couldn't have been any better actually. Just a relaxing, fun and thrilling day! Check out our pics below.
SIDE NOTE: I am having some technical difficulties with getting this slide show to work with my post so I had to do it as a seperate post below. I have wasted so much time fiddling with this problemo that now I'm going to have to finish this little re-cap of our vacation the next time I sit down to blog, so stay tuned! I know you will all be on the EDGE of your seat!:)

6 comments:

Jaime said...

So fun! I miss our Lagoon days. I think there's a few more scarier rides there than when we were little!

Erika said...

Looks like you got a new camera... how are you liking it?

Anonymous said...

One last hoo-raw is what summer is all about! We leave early Friday morning for our lake trip and then it's back to school for Jake.

Looks like you had a great time!

Lewyville said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I haven't been to Lagoon since Ryan and I were dating. They didn't even have the water stuff back then. Wow I am getting old!

SarahMarie said...

I have never been but it sounds like loads of fun. I will have to go one day. I can't believe school starts a week from today. I don't want too!

Steph said...

Yes! I did get a new camera and I am quite happy with it. Still figuring it out, but it is much better than the last. I just bought my friend's Kodak Easy Share. She liked it, but was wanting to upgrade a bit. It was only a few months old so it seemed like the perfect deal to me. It is set up much better than the one i bought at Costco. I think it is just a better, more upgraded version of the easy share cameras.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...