background

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Mid Summer Night's Dream

Saturday-
We just sort of CHILLED this day. We needed a little R and R after all the running around at Lagoon and Gateway so we let the kids play and did a bit more shopping (the first day of school shirts for the boys) and then caught a movie in the afternoon (we saw Space Chimps and it was actually pretty funny). The best part about Saturday though, was the play at Sundance we were able to sneak away to. Lisa grabbed a sitter for the five kids and we headed up. Chris is in advertising for Utah Valley University and somehow they are helping to sponsor the revival of the Sundance summer plays. This was opening night for A Mid Summer Nights Dream and we got to be exclusive, V.I.P. guests at the back stage reception, pre-show. I had never experienced something like this before so it was really fun for me. We got to feast on yummy eats surrounded by the players and the BEAUTIFUL Sundance landscape. Chris and Lisa took us on a little walking tour of some of the fun parts of Sundance and then we sat down to an evening of Shakespeare. I have to say, this was my favorite version of Midsummer Night's Dream I have seen. I have seen it live twice and I've seen the Michelle Pfeiffer movie, but I actually liked this Sundance version the best. I think the director did a really great job and it was just so lively and entertaining! A fantastic evening!


2 comments:

Mindi said...

hey!! i know those faces!! chris and lisa used to be in my old ward--he was our sunday school teacher and was pretty flippin' stellar!!

it's such a small world....
your trip looks fabulous, btw.

Laura and her boys! said...

It looks heavenly up there! I would have loved to be at this adventure too! Man, I missed out didn't I?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...