background

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Goin' for the GOLD this school year!

I know! It has been a WHILE since I've posted. To say I have been "busy" is a HUGE understatement. This time of year is always crazy. I love it and hate it at the same time. On the plus side, I have been working my tail off and I'm fitting into some of my smaller jeans again (I always lose weight this time of year. No worries though, by December, I'll have to haul out my bigger sizes again). On the down side, I have been drowning in a sea of work, work and more work. But, I have been enjoying it! Watching the Olympians compete has given me the extra push to keep on going! If they can do it, so can I! My goals this year include:

1. Keep my desk cleaned off
2. File all paper work immediately
3. Stay three weeks ahead in planning
4. Keep all laundry out of the baskets
5. No dirty dishes in the sink ALLOWED!

I know these sound silly, but they are my goals for a happy school year. Let's face it, without all the prep, it would be hard to get the job done. I'm hoping to stay the course and keep it all flowing and going smoothly this year. Last year, I felt like everything was just thrown together and I could never quite "function" the way I wanted to. I spent the last two weeks going through every nook and cranny of my room and organizing it all. I LOVE the feeling of knowing where everything is. I just finished off the last of it today. AHHHHHH. I wish I'd have thought to take some pictures. Posterity needs to see the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into my kindergarten room. It is no small task to try and pull it all together. But, seeing this sweet new batch of kids makes it all worth it!I am STOKED for this school year. It is going to be the best year ever!

4 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I know what you mean. I want to be on top of everything this year. I want this year to be my best year and I think that if we all work together it will be. See you tomorrow.

mike and bri smith said...

Those are great goals. GOOD LUCK!!! I am going to try and follow your example and set some goals for myself. Thanks for the idea. I start teaching my preschool in two weeks and I can definitely get a little lazy with keep things organized. We also stole Steve's summer reading plan and did it with our boys. You guys are just full of great ideas.

Laura and her boys! said...

Your goals sound great, but I think you shouldn't worry about cleaning so much girl! Play with your kids, go to the movie with your friends, go to cards (hint, hint)! Cleaning isn't everything!Hope you have a great school year!

Steph said...

Laura. You are absolutely right! Cleaning is not everything! I will make time to play with my kids, I promise! My goal is to be able to ENJOY it when I do and to not be thinking about all those dirty dishes and piles of laundry while I'm trying to play:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...