background

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lewis' Five!

Well, this was Lewis' big week! I've never seen a kid more stoked for summer than Lewis! He is so ready for a break. Can't say I blame him at all! He is such a planner. He is already trying to plan his "summer schedule." Between play dates, birthdays, made-up holidays (I will do a post on this one, stay tuned) and trips-he's got the summer covered. Not to mention his entrepreneurial work. Sorry family, but be ready to buy some more pipe cleaner bracelets this year at the family reunion! Only this time, he is adding beads! Oh yeah! This is going to be a great summer for our little Lewis. But, back to the list. Here are the top 5 happenings of the week according to Lewis.

5. Pizza Hut- I remember the "Book It" program from when I was a little girl. I remember being so proud to sit around the table at the hut with my family and have my very own personal pan pizza. I think it is great that this program is still going strong today. We made it to Pizza Hut with the boys' "Book It" certificates about four times this year. This past Monday was the last and final time for this school year and it was extra fun for Lewis. Our cool neighbor Carolyn came along to partake of the fun too. Lewis is a pretty picky eater and his absolute favorite food is pizza, so it was a great way to start off the last week of school for him!

4. Star of the Show-
Lewis' teacher has an "acting" background and wanted her students to have some fun this last week of school performing some simple plays for the different classrooms. Their class was divided into three groups. One group performed the play "The Billy Goats Gruff," one performed, "Taxi the Turtle" and Lewis' group did the play, "Too Much Noise." I thought it was really neat how the teacher allowed the kids to really do all the work on these plays. They came up with costumes, props and scenery. Really cute. Lewis really surprised me with his acting abilities. He was fabulous at ad- libbing and really got the audience laughing and enjoying themselves. He played an old man that kept pestering his little old wife. He was pretty cute. I was also proud of the fact that he kept the play moving along. He seemed to be the one that knew what the next part was supposed to be if someone forgot their lines or if the group forgot their cues. Overall, I was thoroughly entertained with Lewis' acting debut. It is such a joy to watch your kids be involved in these fun, different experiences and to see how they rise to the occasion. Awesome job Lewis!
3. Water Party- This week it was the second graders' turn to have the fun water party provided by the P.T.O. Lewis really enjoyed the water slides but he actually liked doing the balloon toss with Miss Stauber the best. He won!2. Awards Assembly- Friday was our school's "Celebration of Learning" for grades 1st through 5th. Each grade presented awards and sang a song. Lewis received the "Top Reader" award for his class and the song they sang was "Stand for Something Good." Of course, it was adorable and we couldn't be more proud of our Lewis for another great academic year.1. POKEMON!!! Probably the highlight for Lewis this week was earning back all of his Pokemon cards. He also received a binder with baseball card pockets to store them in as a "graduation" gift from his parents. Also, Miss Maria gave him a Pokemon book which he has had his nose buried inside all weekend. As much as I'd hate to admit it, Pokemon has been an O.K. thing overall. Both boys have learned a lot through those little cards. It is fun to see Steve try to "get into it" with them. I'll catch him quizzing the boys about the various cards and, though I'm not proud, I think it is funny that they know so much Pokemon trivia! And, as buggy as they still are, I am happy that the boys have a fun pass time that interests them.
So, there it is. Lewis' fun Five for the week! We are certainly looking forward to a relaxing and fun summer where our fave five lists can include things like, laying around in the sun, watching movies, playing games, going places and how much revenue Lewis' bracelet business brings in (LOL)! Yep. Exciting times right now. We are ready for a GREAT summer!

5 comments:

SarahMarie said...

Hey you! I just finished my top five. I can't wait to see what the summer brings your way. See you on Tuesday

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's got it all worked out. LOL at the pipe cleaner bracelets! Have a good one!

Erika said...

Acting background... I love it!

The Grantham Family said...

What are you going to do this summer??? I am dying to learn of Lewis "made-up" holidays so please post it soon! That is crazy that they still do the Pizza Hut reading program and I so remember it too as a little girl! of course, you have a top reader ...hmmmm is it cheating if his parents are trained professional teacher/principal. NOPE, you should just feel more proud!! He is one lucky boy and you have 2 great kids!

Laura and her boys! said...

Dylan was so excited to go to Pizza Hut to turn in his reading awards as well. In fact, we saw Lewis and Connor there!!! Anyway, I actually threw the award away thinking that we never go to Pizza Hut. He got so upset and made me dig it out of the trash! Can you believe it? I mean that I had the nerve to throw it away! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...