background

Monday, May 5, 2008

This Week's Five

Five- THE HULA! Gotta say I have enjoyed watching the two kindergarten classes learn their hula dance this week. It is MORE than adorable! I'm going to have to get it on video and post it. I was sort of dreading our end of year program (they are such a pain to put together) but after seeing those kids shake their little booties with the hula hoops, my spirits have lifted! It's gonna be a great show!
Four- SURVIVAL! I am in total survival mode right now (only 10 days of school left)! I don't know how I am going to pull it all together, but I always manage. This week was all about surviving without Steve. Some how we did it, but I always appreciate him more when he gets home. He is a huge force in our house and we just don't function as well without him. While he was away at principals meetings, we managed to get to both baseball games on time and still make it to our Denny's dinner afterward. We also made it to school one day by the skin of our teeth and with zero gas in the tank! It is just so crazy to manage all the little things that Steve is usually here doing without me even realizing it. Yes, somehow we survived and I am so grateful for that.
Three- PARTIES! There were two reasons to celebrate this week. The first was my middle school helpers' idea. They asked me a couple of weeks ago if they could give a little "graduation" party to my class on one of our last Fridays. Of course I agreed. I wasn't expecting them to go as ALL OUT as they did! I thought it was so stinkin' cute that these 12-year-old kids coordinated the event all on their own. Fabion showed up early with plastic cups, bowls and utensils as well as two boxes of Capri Suns and a huge bag of pretzels. Then, later on, Stephanie came with a cake that she had bought and then decorated for the occasion. She even remembered to bring a knife to cut the cake (I always forget little details like that)! Anyway, Fabion passed out pretzels for a snack and then later on, we watched a movie and ate cake. One thing that is soo great about the Hispanic culture (that I didn't know until this year) is that they are soooo generous and thoughtful. When it looked as though we might not have enough pieces of cake for ME to have some AND Fabion and Stephanie, Fabion was totally willing to give up his piece. Of course I declined his offer and he finally ate it after I set it right in front of him, but I was just so impressed with him. He also made sure I had a cup of pretzels on my desk before he packed up the huge bag to take back home. What a stud!
The second reason for celebrating was my friend Laura's birthday. I looked forward to it all week long, knowing that on Friday night, I could toss my busy, crazy week aside and just relax with dinner and a movie with the girls. Good times were had by all and I enjoyed the left overs for lunch the next day! Awesome!
Two- STEVE'S CRAWFISH BOIL! I have to list this because it made Steve so happy to be invited to our friend Thomas' house for some real mac coy Cajun craw fish. I guess Tom ordered ten pounds of live craw fish from Louisiana (where he is from) and invited Steve over to help him eat some. Tom has a HUGE pot that he just threw these squirmy little craw fish in to along with mushrooms, sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes and tons of Cajun spices. . .a real MAN'S meal! Steve brought home some of the left overs but honestly, I think barbecue potato chips are too spicy, so I couldn't do it. Now Steve, on the other hand, he was in heaven!
One- BEAUTIFUL WEATHER! It has been absolutely beautiful weather around these parts lately! I wish it could stay this perfect forever! I love being able to open up the doors and windows and welcome in the fresh air. I also love that my kids can play outside pretty much non-stop because it's neither too cold or too hot! I am grateful for such a fun and relaxing weekend we were able to spend together thanks, in part, to the beautiful weather!

Lewis with his friend, Dakota, enjoying some of the great weather at our school's Spring Carnival.



Stephanie and Fabion provided quite a party for our class!


Steve's weekend delicacy!

Yee Haw and Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Laura and her boys! said...

Ok, my party was absolutely fun!!! Thanks for putting that together. Love the saddle ride! LOL
I totally agree with you about St. George's weather. I love it here. This spring has been exceptionally good because it didn't get hot too fast. It is perfect here right now!!! Why would anyone ever leave heaven (although in the summer it can be like hell!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...