background

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fish Lake 2009

Each year Steve's side of the family hosts a Peterson Family Reunion. It is Steve's immediate family and their spouses and kids. Since there are so many siblings and grand kids, it is always a little interesting trying to figure out how to accommodate everyone and have the reunion at a time when most people can make it. Usually, two siblings are put in charge and decide where it will be held and what activities will take place during the two-three day event. Since I have been a part of the family, we have had the reunion in several different locations and each reunion has always been fun and something to remember. However, my favorite thing is when the reunion is located in beautiful Fish Lake. This happens every other year. Steve's grandpa has a little cabin up there but it is not near big enough to house the entire brood, so for the past four years, Steve's parents have rented out a very large cabin close to the lodge that over looks the lake. I think most of the family would agree that this is the most fun place to have the reunion. It is very comfortable and there are plenty of things to do to keep everyone happy. The kids basically play outside the whole time, building forts and having adventures, while the adults sit around and talk and laugh and eat. Steve's dad spends the entire day on the lake in a boat and takes kids out in shifts to fish. It is always a super fun experience. My favorite part is to dress up (camp style) on the last day and go to church that is held in the Fish Lake Lodge. It is so quaint and there is just something about being in the mountains in such a breathtaking place that makes going to church meetings extra special.

This year, the reunion took place on the last weekend of July and it was the last "fun" thing we did before school started. I am so glad we had such a fun way to end the summer with family. Here is a look at the reunion in pictures minus a few events. I was generally feeding the baby most of the time so I did not get footage of: the water volleyball, the near motorcycle "incidents", uncle John in his bike attire and the BAT that almost went into the cabin, but the fact that I am writing it down assures that it is documented!



























4 comments:

sunnie said...

Why did I tuck my shirt in for church? Now everyone has a picture of it, ugh!

Steph said...

Oh Dear Sunnie! You look great! It is me that was having issues with posting these pictures. I am finally at peace with being chubby and having no time to get ready. Oh well!

Devin and Tiffany said...

Looks like fun Steph! And you are NOT chubby, you look super cute!! I miss going to fish lake, good memories there!

Laura and her boys! said...

I love Fish Lake! It is so beautiful up there. In fact, I worked a summer up there between my freshman and sophomore year at college. I loved living up in the mountains!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...