background

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mom, what about the laundry?

Here's a funny little statement I heard this morning:
"Mom, the laundry is almost up to Jesus!"
I was in my bathroom getting ready so I did not know what the boys were talking about. I pictured a huge pile of laundry trailing the skies and reaching for the heavens. I heard Lewis giggle, "Yeah, it's so tall. I bet it'll touch Jesus by tonight!" Okay. I had to see what the heck they were talking about.



Oh yeah. I moved the laundry hamper from the master bath and out into the hallway last night in hopes it would motivate me to do a load or two as I passed by. No dice on getting any more laundry done but yep, looks like it's just about to touch Jesus!

Get used to it boys. If I can't stay on top of the laundry now, I can't imagine how it will be with two more little bodies around here to dirty up more clothes. Hey! I have an idea. I'm thinkin' you're at JUST the right age to learn how to run that washing machine and dryer! Who wants to separate the darks from the lights? Anyone? Boys?

13 comments:

The Walch Family said...

You go girl! I think they can definitely help you sort, if not do the wash. My kids LOVED to help fold things and especially with 2 babies coming, you will need all of the help that you can get. I laughed out loud when I read this text. Love and miss you ! Write Jared when you have a spare second... ( oh yeah... like mine. Midnight til 2 am... right?)

Laura and her boys! said...

How funny!!! I've been thinking about teaching my boys to do laundry too. I swear I fold and fold while they run around having fun. It's about time we both put our boys to work! :)

Devin and Tiffany said...

Thanks for your comment! The only reason I took a pic of the belly was cuz my family lives so far away and they all wanted to see, otherwise I have no desire to document the thing!! How are you feeling? I feel like 2 1/2 months is FOREVER away! Anyways, the laundry is a never ending battle isn't it, the boys for sure could start to help! I forget how much babies go through clothes. My cousin has 4, two youngest are twins, she says she has to to at least a load everyday! Yuck!

Micah said...

LOL I love what little boys say...I've started writing down what Mark says because it is so amusing!

Jaime said...

Too funny! I pictured exactly what you said! James said he can't remember a time when his mom did his laundry for him. He claims he was doing his laundry when he was in diapers!

Erika said...

Best of luck with your efforts... I don't have confidence in my brothers laundry abilities and they're 16+ ;)

Lindsay said...

Good luck! My kids struggle with even just having to put their clothes away. It drives me crazy. The sad thing about all of this is, is that I do laundry everyday and my hamper always looks like that. I don't understand how I can never get on top of it. As for sorting the clothes, I have lights, darks, and PINKS. I seriously have enough pink stuff for a load all on its own. But I guess that should make it a little easier for them to sort. I might have to try that:)

emurdock said...

I did teach my oler boys to do the laundry when they were Lewis and Conner's ages. I had to help with the soap the first few times and now they have to do their own laundry. It is great to have 2 less people to have to clean clothes for!

SarahMarie said...

I bet they could do it with some help from dad. Even if they did the sorting and got it in the washer and dad or mom did the soap. It is an idea!

Tammy said...

LOL! You better be teachin' because you'll need their help come April! :)

Kari said...

so funny!

lisa said...

Stephanie-I have been laughing about this post since you made it! I can totally relate! There is something to be said about us working moms. Good luck with the mountain of laundry. I've been doing mine ALL day long and still have 3 more loads. Take care-LisaG.

Laura and her boys! said...

Where are you girl? I need something new :) Remember I said drop everything BUT the blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...