background

Monday, November 24, 2008

Marriage Tag


Okay. I must be losing my mind. I can't get my act TOGETHER! I left my camera at school every night last week AND over the weekend! I guess I am not meant to get some of these posts up! So, I was tagged over the weekend and since I have a spare few minutes to blog (but no camera), I will answer the tag. I am going to do a different tag though (I think I have already done the other one that Jessica had tagged me to do-or at least a similar version to it), so I'm gonna do the Marriage Tag that has been floating around the last few days. This is fitting too since we have been listening to some of our Christmas CDs lately and one of the songs on one of the CDs is a song we put on our wedding video. Of course, the kids heard the song and asked to watch the video and so, marriage and weddings has been on our brains anyway! BTW, the song on our video is not Jingle Bells or anything like that. It is that Jim Brickman song with Collin Raye and some other lady called, The Gift. Cute little love song. In fact, I will add it to my playlist at the top and so, if you turn on your speakers, you can get the FULL effect. What could be better? Hearing the song while you read about the marriage. . .awesome!

HERE GOES:

1. Where did you and your husband meet? At his mother's Montessori school. He came in to make copies and I had to show him how to use the machine.

2. How long before you kissed? I can't believe I really don't know this? It was probably two or three dates in, at least. I am not a first date kisser.

3. Who kissed who first? Steve surely made the first move. . .

4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? How long from the engagement to the wedding? About eighteen months from the time we met until our engagement and then about 3 months from engagement to wedding.

5. How did he propose? Okay, I still razz him about this. It was in front of his parents and two of his sisters. He tried to pull off some sneaky scheme that backfired. He actually wasn't even in the room when I opened the box with the ring?!?! It was on Christmas morning. I had gone to his house to pick him up to come back to my house for breakfast. He told me I would have presents under the tree from his family, so I started opening them while he was getting "ready." He had put the ring in a box marked "from Sandi". Anyway, he heard that I had FOUND the ring and came back in the room. He still wasn't "ready"-wearing his pajamas and his sister's new ski cap. Anyway, someone snapped a couple of pictures for the record. Definitely not how I envisioned the whole thing to go, but it is CLASSIC Steve and it makes me giggle now looking back on it.

6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? We both did. I would have tried on MORE if the salesman would have been more patient. But really, I think we chose a good ring. I have super long fingers and some of the rings that I thought were the prettiest looked really weird on me. This one suits me.

7. Do you still like the ring? Yes. I am sentimental about it. I will not ever get a new one as long as I don't lose it. I never take it off. I have had the prongs redone twice to be sure that diamond stays put. It's a nice size. Not too big and not too microscopic.

8. Where was your wedding and reception? We got married in the St. George temple and had our reception at a club house at Green Springs Golf Course. It is called the Lion's Head Clubhouse and it sits up on a cliff overlooking the greens. It was a beautiful location.
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? Let's see. Steve's two youngest sisters, Sunnie and Sandi were bridesmaids and my sister Jaime was the maid of honor.

10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses? They were semi casual, with a pale yellow, floral pattern. It was the late 90's and pale yellow and sage green were the IT colors.

11. What was your bouquet made of? Honestly, I really don't know. It was beautiful though!

12. Who gave you away? Nobody. That isn't a sad thing. It's just not part of the temple marriage ceremony.

13. Did you cry during your wedding? Of course. I am not a robot. Steve and I had a CRAZY roller coaster courtship. Emotions were high. Finally MARRYING him was such a big moment!

14. What style was your dress? I am not sure on this one either. Just late 90's princess-y type. It was raw silk, so not a pure, true white. I loved it. I borrowed it from my friend Kristen. She has great taste!

15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? Church sweet.

16. Who caught your bouquet? My cousin, Kristi. BARELY. It was a terrible throw! I am embarrassed when I watch the video footage.

17. What flavor was your cake? Actually. The cake was not real. We did serve each other a bite of the chocolate cake we served the guests though.

18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? Nicely I suppose.

19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? We stood in our wedding line (typical Mormom reception tradition) until 11:00 at night! Steve's dad was the Stake President and County School Superintendent and everyone in the entire city stood in our line to meet and greet us. I really don't think we were worth it! Anyway, there was no time for dancing!

20. What did you serve your guests to eat? We served chocolate cake and ice cream. That's it. (see, not worth it):).

21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? Not a thing.

22. What was your favorite wedding gift? Any and all cash-AWESOME!

23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? I really can't think of one that totally stands out. I think we got like three or four of a LOT of things though. A LOT of taking stuff back. . .

24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? VEGAS!

25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? Yes. There is one part on our wedding video where I am hollering at Steve to come over and get pictures taken! (Um, the sun was setting and we still had LOTS to do.) Now, I was NOT a wedding diva by any means (note the fake cake and the borrowed dress. For me, it wasn't about the wedding)- but I did want decent pictures. Anyway, Steve's buddies thought that opening a "gag" gift RIGHT when we were supposed to be snapping photos was a great idea. I called for him like five times. Finally-I shouted "STEVEN!" On the video, all his buddies are giggling and looking at Steve like he is in massive trouble! It's actually kind of funny, but I am just bugged that my shrieky voice is forever captured on our video-for all of posterity. That particular moment would probably be all I'd change:) The rest was FABULOUS. Best day of my life!

12 comments:

Kari said...

so cute, and so funny. I would have never guessed you had a fake cake!!??. I don't even understand. what is a fake cake, and how do you get one? and why??? The cake was so important to me. And I spent way to much money on mine. It was so good though. You look so young, so cute. So innocent. I love the pictures. And I loved learning about you and Steve. I did the yelling on video too. Yes, not something you want to remember, but when it's your day, diva or not, you want it to go your way. right???? Okay, maybe I was just a nasty diva on my wedding day. Oscar would totally agree with that statement.

Laura and her boys! said...

If you don't mind, this is one tag I won't be participating in until a later date! LOL

You and Steve look so sweet and soooooo young! When did you get so old? Just kidding. I love the wedding photos. Luckily you didn't cut your all up like I did. What was I thinking?

Laura and her boys! said...

If you don't mind, this is one tag I won't be participating in until a later date! LOL

You and Steve look so sweet and soooooo young! When did you get so old? Just kidding. I love the wedding photos. Luckily you didn't cut your all up like I did. What was I thinking?

SarahMarie said...

I have to say I love the photos. You still look the same, so young and so beautiful. Very jealous that you still look the same. Hopefully one day I get to have all of this in my life.

Vanes said...

MEMORIES!! What IDIOTS the BOYZ were - why did they have him open his present during pictures?! Sorry about that - I should have intervened!!? Your pictures are darling!! What FUN times! They feel like they just barely happened!

Erika said...

Okay, this is GREAT! I'm going to ask Steve his version of all of this... I can't wait! And who would have thought that you would have had a borrowed dress and fake cake! I LOVE IT! The pictures are great too!

jen said...

Wow going through that whole wedding story was like reliving my st. george life all over again! Can you believe how fast time flies? I am a little disturb you left out the part where you turned into a complete lunatic when you didn't know for sure that you were going to get the man of your dreams. Oh well I guess some things are better left unsaid. (Until your old roomate says them for you):)

sunnie said...

That was fun to reminisce about your wedding days. I remember thinking it was weird that you helped clean up after the reception instead of taking off ASAP. Remember that?

Anonymous said...

You make a stunning bride! What a great love story, thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

I love how practical you are. How fun to hear the details of your wedding.

tiburon said...

What gorgeous pics! You are a good looking couple :)

Fun to hear about your wedding

The Bailey Family said...

I love this post! It's so fun to learn more about people! You and Steve are such a cute couple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...