background

Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Football Practice!

So, once again, Lewis and Conner opted for flag football rather than soccer. Lewis had his first practice this week. He will be a Patriot this year! It looks like he is going to have a great time. This is a fun age group to watch. Most kids have played before so they kind of know what they are doing. Actually, they were all a bit cocky! Here are some of the statements I could hear from the sidelines:


"This is sooo easy! I do this EVERY day!"



Coach: "Which one of you thinks you're the fastest runner?"
(at least a couple of kids were being reasonable):)



"It doesn't matter if the grass is a little wet. I could play football in the sprinklers even.
Even in the rain!"


Well, even so, they did show signs of needing a little improvement in some areas. A lot of them were catching the ball with their stomachs (including Lewis). At least he was taking it like a man! I was actually REALLY impressed with his level of determination and how he stayed so focussed during the full hour of practice. When he was asked to run, he was always the first to take off and the first one back! That is really unusual for him. I am glad to see it! Looks like this will be a fantastic football season! Go Patriots!



Conner could not resist getting in on the action too. He had to show off some of his skills while we waited during Lewis' practice. Conner actually started his practice this week too, but I forgot about the camera. I will have to take pics at his first game next week. He will be a Dolphin this year. So GO Dolphins too!

2 comments:

Laura and her boys! said...

How fun! I wish Peyton was playing flag too because he isn't enjoying tackle as much as he thought he would. Actually, his attitude has improved a lot over the last couple of weeks. I hope your boys love it!

SarahMarie said...

Hey You will have to let me know when the boys will be playing. I would love to come up and watch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...