background

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Picture Tag!

I love a good tag. This one was pretty fun and easy and I was happy to do it so I could get a quick, new post up. Make sure you scroll down to see if you're "IT" for picture tag next! (P.S. NO party poopers allowed)!

The only rule with this tag is you have to take the pictures of everything AS-IS. Luckily, I found out about this tag just after some company left our house, so my house wasn't a total sty and whatever debri is out and about, I can blame it on the company-right? Okay, here goes. . .

Picture #1- Self Portrait
This is what I am looking like this very second after the days' makeup has worn off and the tiredness is setting in.This is also proof that I did not do my hair AGAIN today. I really hate doing my hair:(

Picture #2- Kitchen Sink


I just loaded the dishwasher and these were the leftovers that did not fit. This is proof that I did actually cook a meal today. We had chicken, salad, watermelon, corn on the cob, fresh veggies, rolls and squash. Plenty of food, just not enough room in the dishwasher, exhibit A.

Picture #3- Favorite Room

My favorite room is probably my preschool room since it is one of the few rooms in the house that is actually fully decorated and organized to my liking and has had the most thought put into it. My friend Wendy helped me paint the clouds on the light blue ceiling (which I am just now realizing I forgot to snap a picture of). We also pasted little wooden stars around on the ceiling and it is pretty cute I must say! Sarah sewed up the curtains for me and Megan made the cute star pegs that kids hang sweaters and backpacks on. A lot of the furniture was donated by my awesome mother-in-law who used to own her own Montessori preschool. I am lucky to have all that I have in this room. I love how every thing has a place and it is easy to keep clean. It took me a few years to get it this way, lots of trial and error, but it is now fully functional and just a fun room to be in. It has been such a magical little place, the backdrop for lots of fun with my kids and many of my friends' kids too. I look forward to spending more time in it next year with more sweet little preschoolers!

There's even a cute little bathroom for those little tike's and I love the green color of the walls in there. It's called "Rosemary."

Picture #4- The Laundry Room
Not much to say about this tiny little closet of a room. When we built this house, we were only envisioning about five years tops. If we'd have known the housing market would have been so crummy and we would be here a few years longer, this would have been one of the first rooms we would have added square footage to. It is very hard to keep up on the laundry in such a tiny space, but-at least it is something. It could be worse. One of those closet door situations like our last house. I guess this is a bit of a step up.

Picture #5- The Fridge

I really am OCD about the fridge. It has been hard to train my husband to keep things in the proper lo-cal of the fridge. The main rule is there has to be a "beverage only" shelf. I don't want to see any bottles of ketchup or pickles stacked up next to the milk or juice or other items that are in and out of the fridge so often throughout the day. I also like things to be stacked neatly and the shelves have to be clean. I clean out my fridge EVERY time I go grocery shopping. I like to know everything that is in there, no mystery left overs please.

Picture #6- Master Bath

We do not have a luxurious master bedroom/bathroom situation. It is functional, but not very beautiful. In fact, Steve and I were laughing the other day about the ceiling in the toilet room. It still has painters tape around the ceiling edge from FIVE years ago when we first painted this house! How completely pathetic is THAT? We have never really finished our master bath. I am getting the bug to do it though. I really want to tile half way up the wall and repaint the whole thing. Sure wish money grew on trees!

Picture #7- Closet




These are some very sad pictures for me. I love an organized, clutter free closet. Seeings how this was the first week back at school, it is not possible for my closet to look any better than this. Most of the laundry is on my bed ready to be folded and put away and therefore, most of my hangers are empty. This also shows signs of a manic mornings looking for something to wear, tossing things to and fro. It's chaos. Our closet is small too. I am not a huge clothes horse so it really makes no difference to me. Steve actually has more clothes than I do. Too bad he could care less about how his closet looks. No matter how hard I try, I can't keep his stuff contained. While my side usually is more put together than this, I must say, Steve's side pretty much always looks like this:(

Picture #8-Favorite Shoes
Okay. This is another sign that I am really not much of a girly girl. Aside from the fact that I hate to fuss with hair and makeup, I also don't have the huge shoe fetish that many of my girlfriends suffer from. In fact, I actually keep my shoes out in the garage! I know-Laura would never treat her shoes in this way! I don't even stack them neatly on a shelf (I tried), I just toss them in a laundry basket before I walk in the house. I'd rather have a clean floor than an organized shoe rack-I know, it's wrong on so many levels. Anyway, seeings how I really don't have a favorite pair of shoes, I will snap a picture of the ones I wore today. I like these ones. I'm not sure if wedges are really in style anymore? but these fit my criteria for a good Sunday shoe. They are quick and easy, painless, closed toe so I don't have to fuss with a pedicure and they have a bit of a heel so my legs look a little bit leaner. I also like the denim and brown color combo. I think they're cute?!?!

Picture #9-Favorite part of my house.

Hands down my favorite thing are the plantation shutters. Our house is not big and elaborate and these shutters just add so much to make it cozy and complete. My favorite thing about them though is how easy they are to clean. I can wipe them down as often as I dust my coffee table rather than two or three times a year (that's about all I could tolerate with blinds). I'll never be able to go back to just any old window treatment after having the shutters. I love, love, LOVE them! (I like my light fixtures too).

Picture #10-Dream Vacation


Since I've never really been on my dream vaycay yet, I'll have to hop on over to the good ol' internet and find a picture of Fiji. A friend of mine went witha huge group of people a while back and she has just raved and raved about it. It is now tops on my list of places I want to go. Someday. . .again, if only money grew on trees!

OKAY! I am "Picture Tagging" Jen Statham (I've always wanted to see your Pennsylvania house), Jessica N., Sunnie and Sandi, Erika, Sunny R. (make sure you tag your mom and Allison) and anyone else who wants to participate! Have fun!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Stephanie! Love your pre-school room, it's so functional and bright and looks like the little ones would have so much fun in there.

Love the tag, it's still in my draft folder!

Allison said...

I better go get my house in order in prep for my tag from Sunny! That was fun to see. What a fun tag!

sunnie said...

I might tag if I knew what it was.

Amy M. said...

Steph,
I love your pre-school room. Also, I totally agree with your shutters. They add so much to a house! One day maybe I will be able to get some. But if not, oh well. I have blinds, and that keeps everyone from seeing me walk around in my garmies. I was so glad to be able to take a quick peek in your home. Its darling!

The Grantham Family said...

What a fun post! I miss your house. Don't you miss my surprise visits so I could show everyone how darling it really is. Still LOVE your paint color and have asked you atleast 100 times for the name, and can't seem to remember. I wanna say like Warm Shadow!? I wish soooo bad that Mace could have gone to that little pre school, how convenient it would have been! She starts next week *weird* Anyway, thanks for this fun read!

ps. Um...Steph, you are a little crazy with the fridge. You would die if you opened mine!

Vanes said...

That was TOO much FUN! I was scared thinking of doing that myself with my unorganized life right now! You are VERY on the ball, you're a busy gal to be so dang organized!! YOU GO! :)

Vanes said...

One more thing I almost forgot... Bo's baptism is Sept. 6th @ 3:30 - we are having dinner at our house after! We'd be OVER JOYED to have the Peterson's there! Mike will be home too! If you don't have anything going let me know - we'd love to see ya!!

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

I did it! That was a lot of work taking all of the photos and uploading them. So you better check out my blog! Also, I totally agree with you that the best shoe out there is a wedge. And I wish I had shutters on my windows. Our front windows still have paper blinds!

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

The black wedges are Seychelles from Nordstom. I highly recommend them! Thanks for all the compliments on the house! I too am excited to see the completion of the bathroom.

The Bailey Family said...

Really cute, Stephanie! I liked this tag a lot-- very revealing and fun! Your preschool is adorable.

jen said...

Hey I will do the tag as soon as a get a chance. I'll try not to clean up to much. But what I think is cool is that the first song on both our play lists is That says it all by Duncan Sheik!!! memories!

Sandi said...

So, you haven't added me to your list of blogs. I know it's big but I am family. Hope you are doing well!

lisa said...

Steph-I found your blog and frequent it through Sarah's I hope that's okay with you. I love reading your blog you make me happy. I know we don't know each other all that much but I really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks-Lisa Geldmacher, Grantsville

Tammy said...

Okay, you are killin' me. You are the busiest woman on the planet and your house is immaculate!!! And HUGE!! My house is a giant junk pit compared to yours. Holy cow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...