background

Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's not about the firsts.

It's not about the FIRST time you get to wear your new clothes on the first day of school. . .




It's more about the LAST time you get to frolic around in bare feet and not much else.









It's not about the FIRST time you sit down with that fresh page of new homework
and something for your brain to do. . .








It's more about the LAST time you get to stay out past your bedtime because there isn't anything but playing to do the next day.









It's not about the FIRST day jitters and the worrying about all the new people and rules and assignments. . .









It's more about the LAST day you get to feel those lazy and relaxing summer moments
of no worries and no stress.






This time of year, it isn't so much about all the firsts. It is more about all those LAST moments of precious summer that we hope will come back to us again VERY SOON!

11 comments:

Mandi Brown said...

love it, thanks again and have a great year.

Anonymous said...

What a great post...I have one in my draft folder that's very similiar to this.

It sounded like you had an amazing summer. I loved looking at all your great photos and hearing about all the adventures.

Hopefully the school year will be adventurous but a smooth one for you all!

Lindsay said...

As sad as it is to have summer over(it went by so fast), I think this is going to be a great school year. I am so excited for it. The kids are going to go so far. It will be fun to watch them.

raw mom said...

love that, you litle poet! so cute! i hope i get to see ya on wed. night! i am so excited that you know mrs. smith! i get so worried about the people who will be teaching my sweet girls...so it helps to know that some one i trust trusts her!:)

Mindi said...

yay for school!! i'm glad that your little guy (s?) get to go to school where you teach.

SarahMarie said...

This is so cute. I love it and it makes me realize how many things I take for granted at times.

Vanes said...

I love that Steph! You are one creative gal! I've been thinking about you getting in the school routine again! Hope it's going good - hang in there I bet you a little nuts right now!!

Jessica said...

Stephanie that was beautiful! Hope I can grow up to be a great blogger someday like you!! You should write a book!

MaryCuth said...

Stephanie I agree with Jessica! I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading your cute post - you should write a book! You have the cutest blog and the greatest ideas! Tell Lewis that his First Grade Teacher said, "Have a GREAT year and have FUN!" He is growing so much, I miss him and his humor!

Erika said...

Its scary to understand how much our lives are intertwined this year! It sure is a weird feeling seeing parts of my room and teaching on your blog... Very cute post though!

Laura and her boys! said...

Steph, you amaze me! You really are so creative. I'm glad you are my friend! Coming to Canasta?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...