background

Friday, September 25, 2009

1462

1462. That is my calorie intake number. I went to The Daily Plate website to figure it out. It is a really great site with lots of tools to help keep your body weight in check. Now I just have to try to stick to it! This is the FIRST time in my life where I have had to really think about calories and exercise etc. Whoever said breastfeeding helps you lose weight was lying! At least for me it has been the opposite! But, now that Brayden is finally four months old, I can start exercising and hopefully get back into my jeans. It has been a long road getting my milk supply built and I basically had to forfeit exercise (which I don't care for anyway) and up my calorie intake. It paid off for little Brayden (who is not so little) but I hate the way I look with all these extra pounds and I really have NOTHING to wear. I feel like Renee Zelwegger who has been gaining weight for a movie and now the filming has stopped and I have to get disciplined. During the summer, I was fine with the extra weight. It really wasn't a huge difference from being hugely pregnant. But now, now I have preschool, Young Women's (yep, I am in Y.W. again- I'll have to do a post) and Lewis and Conner's busy schedule to keep up with. So, 1462! I'm crossing my fingers! This is the number I have to stick to if I want to lose 1.5 pounds per week without really adding TOO much to my exercise plate. I really have no idea what my calorie intake has been thus far? I just know I have been eating CONSTANTLY all summer & not burning off anything I have eaten. Maybe it won't be that hard? I'll keep ya posted! Oh, and feel free to go on over to the site and get your number! Maybe you could join me on this journey to a slimmer waist line! Misery loves company!


http://www.thedailyplate.com/

This picture will be my motivation. Notice how small Conner is. And, those are clothes I was able to wear BEFORE I had him. If I can do it then. I can do it now. Plus, the other motivator for me is how I feel. I feel like such a slug right now. I was playing Freeze Tag with the preschool kids for all of about three minutes the other day and I was SORE all over the next day! SO pathetic! Here's to exercising and eating less! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Oh Steph. Please don't worry over calories. Eat what you want, of course all in moderation, and MOVE YOUR BODY. The more you move the more you can eat. The more you move the more you NEED more food. Eat healthy. Take away 1 thing that is a weakness, and only have it once a month. Cut out all white flours... pasta, bread, rice. Swith to whole wheat, whole grains. EAT, and MOVE... that's what you need to do. I was 200 lbs, and I lost it by doing this. IT WORKS, and you can do it!!!

Karin Webb said...

You look amazing already, are you kidding me? Audrey came home that day and told me about the fun freeze tag game and insisted we played it RIGHT THEN! And I was winded too so don't stress!

Lindsay said...

I thought you looked great for only having a four month old baby. But I do think age plays a big part in it. I didn't lose my weight near as fast with Clari as I did with the rest.

Laura and her boys! said...

Good luck girlie! Anytime you want an exercise partner. Let me know :)

raw mom said...

good luck!! i am SO proud of you for feeding your little teeny for so long!!!!! way to go mom! it is such a sacrifice anyway...and then to add on top of it that you HAVE to eat a ton to get enough milk for him...you are so wonderful!!!! what a loving mommy! i am so so so glad you are MY friend!! oxoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...