background

Thursday, January 15, 2009

MORE INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!!

So, it is about 2:40 in the morning and I just can't sleep. I want to SHOUT from the rooftops all the joy I am feeling right now-but I can't! This blog is the closest thing. So, I'm hoping, after I get this post up, I might have a slight chance of being able to get some shut eye before the new day gets here.

Well, here goes. Our family, once again, has been handed a wonderful blessing this week.




WE ARE ADOPTING!!!!!




We found out on Monday that the couple we went to meet in Salt Lake back in October has chosen us to be the parents for their baby GIRL! Yes, you read that right BABY GIRL!!!!!!!
AND YES, we are having a baby BOY too! They will actually be only one month apart. Our new baby girl will be arriving in April and our baby boy will come close after toward the end of May.

So, let's do the math here:

1 baby (in my belly)
+
1 baby (handed to us through the miracle of adoption)
___________
2 BABIES!!!!!!

I KNOW! THIS IS INCREDIBLE! Words cannot describe the feeling it is to be told that someone has chosen you to take their child into your home and raise her as your own. I have never experienced ANY feeling like it and I know I never will again. It is UNBELIEVABLE!

We have no idea why God has chosen this crazy scenario for us, but we are SOOOOO ready to take on the challenges and joys that will come with it! This is the miracle we have been praying for for five years! I can't believe I actually WILL get to be a mother to a daughter. I am still in complete shock!

There are plenty of details to this story that I'd like to document, but IT'S 3 IN THE MORNING right now. I will post some more about this later but I just HADDDDDD to spread the word! We are soooo excited!

23 comments:

Lewyville said...

I was hoping for this exact thing to happen! Obviously that little girl is supposed to be a part of your family. I am so excited for you guys!

The Walch Family said...

And as you were a witness to our situation, that exact same thing happened to US ! Congrats Steph. I am so excited for you. Nothing can beat the child being placed in your arms and seeing them for the first time. What a special thing for you and I to share. ( 3 boys and a girl... hmmmm. does that sound familiar too??) Love you!

Kylee said...

MY FIRST GIRL COUSIN!!! :)

Jaime said...

YEAH! We are thrilled for you! Now Grant will have two cousins close to his age! How fun to also shop for girl things! Wow, that adoption stuff is powerful! We just had to go to an interview just thinking about it and we got pregnant! Wow, so excited!!!

raw mom said...

stephanie! stephanie!!! i am in tears again! partly because i acnt call you and tell you how happy i am for you!!!! you DO get to be a mother to a little girl!!! you really do!!! i lost my phone but i will get ahold of you AS SOON as i can!!! i love you so much sweet girl! i can only imagine what it feels like to have someone GIVE their chiuld to you....to trust you that much! you are amazing people and our Father in Heaven has certainly heard your prayers. He has watched your family be tried and seen how you pull through TOGETHER and somehow you have risen to the top. He is so pleased with you that He has to give you TWO!!! i am so proud of you for all you have been through and still be faithful and doing what our Father would have you do. congratulations sweet sweet petersen family!!! oxoxoxoxox

Devin and Tiffany said...

Oh Steph, that is absolutley amazing! My sister adopted their son and it has been one of the most precious times of all of our lives. You might want to start reading up on twins and all that goes along with that since you will pretty much have twins!! Congrats and we are excited for you. I had no idea you were that far along the adoption process, but then again I am out of the loop on most things, thank goodness for blogs these days!!!

jen said...

I knew it!!!! I have been thinking of you and the whole adoption thing just about everyday!!! I knew that you would get both of those babies. I am soooo excited for you! When are you getting her? Oh and a little bit of exciting news from me. I am coming to utah for a couple of months while blaine takes the bar. We will of course be getting together!

Laura and her boys! said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for all of you! This is incredible and unbelievable and totally awesome all wrapped up into one! Good LUCK!!!

jess said...

I am truly so happy for you guys...she was meant to come to you, in her own special way!

Renee said...

I just wanted to repeat what I said in my email - we are thrilled! I am so happy that you will feel the special angelic feeling that a little girl brings into the home. Hey - our kids will be in the same order - 2 boys, girl, boy!! Again, congrats and good luck!!

Tammy said...

YAY! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Wow! So exciting for your family! It is weird how things work out like that! So many stories of ladies finally getting preg. then find out they are adopting, or other way around! That is wonderful! You will make a great mother to those two babies! Is cards Jan. 21 or did I miss it?

The Grantham Family said...

I can't stop thinking about you and your family! I have told everyone I know your story...You soooooo deserve this and you are one fab mamasita!

Maman Pélissié said...

Good for you. That is amazing!

Charise said...

What a miracle! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats (twice!)

emurdock said...

Steph, I am so happy for you. I personally know that things happen for a reason. Sometimes our prayers are not answered hope we think they should be. You guys are so awesome, I can not wait to see pics of these special sprirts that are coming your way!

Danielle said...

Steph,

Congrats to you and your family. Now, you can't be in the All boys club, so there. You sure are going to be busy! I'm asuming you will be quitting your job after this year, yes! I sure hope so. Well, congrats and hope to catch up at cards.


Danielle

SarahMarie said...

I am so happy for you guys! Remember I am always here to help.

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you guys. Does this mean no Tucson this year? My kids would be heartbroken. Maybe if we all promise to help:)?

lisa said...

Steph- I was down at Sarah's this weekend and read your email! Wow how awesome! Congrats, I'm so excited for you. Every mom needs a girl to shop with. Good luck. Lisa G.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting and overwhelming! You have a lot to absorb, so many happy thoughts. Good for you and congratulations, that's great news!!

Kristin said...

That's IT! You are ousted from the club. (lucky)

I am SO exctied for you!!! I can hardly believe it. Man, I need to check your blog more often. YIPPEE!!!!! I feel the need for a BABY SHOWER. So great Steph. Seriouisly.

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is such amazing news! What a great blessing and miracle. Congratulations and good luck!
P.S. I am totally jealous of the girl part of the story:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...