background

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Steve's New Calling/Lewis Earns His Wolf Badge

My husband is now the happiest man in the universe. He has been given his DREAM calling. No more week night meetings with Elder's Quorum Presidency or Young Men's activities. No more Gospel Doctrine or Young Men's lessons every Sunday. Indeed, it has been awhile since Steve has had a little "breathing" room with the heavy duty callings. Now, Steve is the Cub Master of our ward and he is stoked! ONCE A MONTH he gets to dawn his Scout duds and pull together a fun evening of games and activities for the scouts. His first Pack Meeting went really well and after it was over he said, this is the BEST calling! I am so glad he is excited about it. I have had a couple of scout callings before and I tell ya, NOT my cup of tea! But I liked helping Steve gather up ideas and execute this fun night. Lewis and Conner might be sick of their parents always HEADING up all their activities (with their parents in charge of their school festivities too-you'd think they would be a little bugged). Not the case though, they loved it and it was yet another fun way for our family to spend q-time together!

It was especially fun this night because Lewis was able to earn his Wolf Badge. It was kind of a surprise. He had been working on it with his dad, but Steve didn't officially tell him he had completed all of it. It was fun to see him look surprised and especially proud of his accomplishment. Here's a few pictures. The last one is blurry (I am still struggling with this camera) but I love how it captured his expression when everyone was cheering for him! Way to go Lewis!


2 comments:

Renee said...

I saw Steve at Pow Wow - Congrats on the calling. I have been CubMaster since May and wish I had the "love" for it that Steve does - although I am liking it more and more -really who doesn't mind throwing a party once a month!!

Laura and her boys! said...

Okay this would be the worst calling in the world for me!!! I'm glad that Steve has the gumption! Congrats to Lewis. Peyton's almost there as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...