background

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Playing CATCH up!

FINALLY I have been waking up to the idea of Christmas and all the fun that it brings! Thanks to many of my "concerned" friends and family, offering to "help" me, inviting us to fun Christmas festivities and also (unknowingly) making me feel guilty with their awesome displays of Christmas cheer-I have finally snapped out of it! You'll all be relieved to hear (chuckle-chuckle) that we do indeed have our tree up and decorated, lights strung along the roof line of our house and stockings hung! Indeed, Santa will be sure to find our house this year (that is if we can keep the kids from killing each other:) We devoted the entire day yesterday to sparkling up the house and getting the decorating DONE. I made sure to put out the two most important things first, the tree and the nativity. Everything else fell into place after that. PHEW! The only thing that could make me happier is if I could get a few presents wrapped and throw them under the tree. It's a little (okay, A LOT ) bare right now. But, we'll get there! Also, now that I am updating this sad little neglected blog, I can feel completely at peace and BALANCED!

So, this blog of ours has served a great purpose this year in keeping track of our family memories as well as helping us stay in touch with the people we adore. Now that it has been almost a FULL year of blogging, I am going to have it printed out so it can be preserved along side our family scrapbooks (I know of a few websites that do this. I will do a bit more research and then let you all know which company I use. Plus, if any of you have any recommendations. . .). I've tried hard to make sure I haven't left anything out about our family happenings, but lately I have slacked a little. The next few posts are serving the purpose of CATCHING me up a bit. So, it might be boring and a little out of date to most of the world, but it must be done. So here goes. . .

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Yea!!! So glad you have got your stuff up for the holidays! I bet Lewis and Connor are so excited! James is in scouts too and he loves it! Don't they look cute in thier shirts?

Devin and Tiffany said...

Looks Beautiful. Did you get my last comment? Just wanted to let you know I have joined the blogging world, and was super excited to find yours! Your kids are so cute!

Jenna said...

Hey Steph..
When you find out who will print out the blog pages, please let me know. That will be an awesome record of Jared's mission ! love you !

Jenna said...

Oops ! It isn't Jenna... it's me Colleen. I'm just signed in as her. Sorry !

Erika said...

I used Blurb.com to turn Tuffy's blog (I know it's pathetic) into a first year scrapbook. It's really cute. I'll try and remember to bring it to school tomorrow. I will also try and remember to tell John that he's making ribs for you guys sometime :) Conner talked all day about his tree being up and decorated. I'm glad you got it all done!

Renee said...

Stephanie - I am so glad that you got your stuff up and it looks great! Good idea printing off the blogs - I will be excited when you figure that out (isn't is easier to leave something up to someone else??) Just kidding - I will try to figure that one out too and let you know if I find anything!!

Laura and her boys! said...

Your tree looks great! I'm glad you finally feel good about Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...