background

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thanks Steve!


Steve gave me tickets to the Colbie Caillat concert for Valentine's Day. This past Friday was the night we got to leave all the kids and worries behind and just enjoy! We had a fabulous time and Colbie put on a great show! In comparing to the concert she did 2008 at Tuachan, I am still up in the air as to which I liked best. I LOVED the Tuachan concert 2 years ago, simply because it was at BEAUTIFUL Tuachan and how can you beat THAT backdrop? But, I didn't know as many of her songs then, so THIS concert was more exciting that way. Actually,once I heard the opening song BOOMING, I got so excited! I have both of her CDs and I knew all the songs this time. I was more invested! In fact, maybe the only thing I didn't like about this concert compared with her other, is that this one was over too fast. She didn't sing NEAR enough songs and I was surprised at the ones she didn't get to, like even her new album's title track, "Breakthrough." Her encore performance only included two songs, Lucky and Bubbly. Maybe if the audience would have shouted more or chanted her name, maybe she could have thrown in a couple more songs for us! But, nonetheless, every song she DID sing was fantastic! I added my fave of the night, her Bob Marley "Turn Your Lights Down Low" cover to my playlist. This version isn't as fabulous as the live performance she gave, which included an AWESOME bridge that is not included on this playlist download, but at least it's a bit of a reminder of the greatness that is was. Her back up singer and guitarist, and the night's opening performer, Justin Young, was pretty good too.
She is just such a talented performer and songwriter and I love her laid back, beachy vibe. She has some fun video links on her website that are fun to watch. Since her concert ended too soon for us, Steve and I came home and did some browsing through her site just to get a little more! She's great. If you can swing it, you should check out some more of her tour dates and invite someone YOU love to this excellent, fun concert! It was a really terrific evening! Thanks Steve!

3 comments:

jen said...

You lucky duck!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

Danielle said...

This takes me back to when we went last year! It was a great concert, even though I had no idea who she really was then!!!

Laura and her boys! said...

Oh, I wanted to go to this concert, but we were gone to NASCAR. I'm totally jealous, but I'd say last time was better because it was with us :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...