background

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Baby


Dear Baby,

What do ya say to having more moments like this one? This little moment of pure calmness and happiness and joy. It was a little peek-a-boo game that you spontaneously invented two mornings ago. Here's what we did: You put the blanket on your face, pulled it away, looked over at me, smiled, waited for me to smile back, then stuck that blanket back up in your face again. It was a little, cute cycle that carried on for a good five minutes (just long enough for me to get some makeup on). What a good time we had! Back and forth with the smiling and the giggling and the pure contentment. You were so patient waiting for me to give you my undivided attention.

I have tried to get you to play this little game with me again lately and have been unsuccessful. I am met with moans and groans and fussiness when I try to (put on that darn makeup each day) put you down for five minutes. What made you think of this game on this particular day? The game that took me by such surprise and made me glad I had the camera nearby to capture it? It was so lovely baby. You putting your blanket up to your face and pulling it away again to find your mommy sitting there, smiling and laughing at your cleverness. Sort of like peek-a-boo.

What do you say baby? How about we try this game again tomorrow. I had such a good time. I know you did too. Love you tons!

XOXO,
Mom

8 comments:

Amy M. said...

You are the cutest mother ever!!!

Kari said...

yup. you are the cutest mama ever!!! That was the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time!

Rachel said...

OHHH I remember those cute days. Precious!! I miss my little girl and those special moments. Now it is all NO, MINE, ME!! Funny, YES! but not as sweet.

The Grantham Family said...

Aaaggghhh. Sigh. So sweet! There is nothing better than having a new baby to love on! You radiate love for that little guy. He is so dang cute that I am in agreeance with the arranged marriage bit! Done.

Word on the street is that you are getting some AWESOME new neighbors. That is so great. Next time I am in town, I am so coming over to see BOTH of you guys!!! Who knows when I will make it that way, but hey...just putting it out there!

The Grantham Family said...

ps. You have the BEST play list. Thanks for being my radio station on this cloudy, rainy day....

SarahMarie said...

I miss you so much Steph. I need to come over and show you the new hair and drop up something I have for you. I might try to do it tomorrow. Miss you lots.

I love this letter to Brayden. He looks so cute in that picture and has changed since I saw him last.

Danielle said...

Love that picture. You need to frame that one! Amen, to you being a great mother. You better know you are!

Laura and her boys! said...

Lady, you have a way with words!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...