background

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Anticipation

Yesterday at school, one of the little girls in my class asked me to help her snap up the sleeper on one of our classroom dolls. I'm not sure why, but snapping up those little buttons and looking down on that doll face just got me SOOOO excited for the times to come! I actually ended up needing to give that baby doll a squeeze before I handed it it back to my little student. I have long forgotten how much fun it is to play "mama" with dollies and baby clothes and baby blankets. It is basically human nature for us girls to want to be mothers and dress up our babies and bathe them and feed them. It is so apparent when I see my students hovering over their dolls during free play time. I wasn't the girliest of girls myself but I definitely had dolls and did my share of "mothering" as a child. Now that I am so far out of the baby loop, I am a little nervous about how I will handle two of them! It will be SEVEN years since we have had a newborn in the house by the time our babies get here! It's just like riding a bicycle though, right? I will remember everything and all will be well, but for right now, I can't help but feel just a teensy bit overwhelmed! Luckily, Steve will be home most of the summer to help. I have been lucky this way. Both our boys were summer babies too so I have always had Steve home to help with the late nights and the overall getting used to the babies. Plus, this time will be even better with two aweosme little boys to help out!
Now it is just COUNTDOWN time! I can't believe we have TWO baby tickers on our blog now. So exciting. Totally OVERWHELMING, but exciting!

7 comments:

SarahMarie said...

Steph- I know that you will be a wonderful mother. You have two wonderful boys right now. You do a wonderful job with your kindergarteners too, so I know you can do it again.

Jaime said...

You will be just fine! It'll all come back to you! I know you'll be okay, cause you gave me great advice about Grant, and he's only going to be a year older than his cousins! :) Sooooooo excited!!!!!!! :D

The Walch Family said...

I totally know how you feel... My 'twins' were 8 months apart but yours will only be 1 ! Everything will come back to you. You will be more relaxed with these guys. And you are right... the boys will be such great helpers !!! Love and miss you. Thank you so much for coming to Jared's farewell. We will come up this summer a few times to see you guys. It's been WAY too long ! Hug those cute boys for me !

Kari said...

I am just so dang happy for you. I almost feel like it's happening to me.... that's how excited and happy I feel. It's overwhelming for me just to think about it... BUT it still gives me goosebumps everytime I think of this miracle and blessing that has been given to you and your family! Amazing. ahhh. more goosebumps.

Kari said...

oh, and btw- don't you worry about the mom you'll be to those babies... you will be more than exceptional. Those babies are super lucky to have you as their mama! Steve 'aint so bad either... hehe.

raw mom said...

they ARE, steph!! they really are! how fun is that!!!!!

Laura and her boys! said...

I can't wait until the fun ensues!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...