background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Denny's Day


Steve has to go out of town for meetings every month. Since we're always a little bummed when he has to go, I decided we needed something to look forward to for the week that he is gone. Denny's is the PERFECT retreat for us! (Kids eat free on Tuesday nights ya know!) Our awesome neighbor, Carolyn; who also teaches with us, is one of our favorite Denny's dates! We just pack up our things at the end of the day and head to Denny's for a delicious, stress free meal. I swear, my kids lick their plates clean and I don't have to hear, "Mom, I don't like this!" Last night, Lewis chose the chicken star basket and Conner went with a Grand Slam breakfast (which I was so happy about because then I got to hear him say the word "pannacakes" over and over again (I love that he still has a hint of "baby-ness" left in him))! Carolyn feasted on a great looking salad which made me feel even guiltier for ordering the French Toast Slam (with strawberries and whipped cream). As I was getting ready to pay, I realized I had my camera and I'm so glad. I think this is the first picture I have of the boys with Carolyn. She's such a fun, fun person and we are so glad she likes to spend time with us. Anyway, we love it when it's Denny's Day! There's only one problem with it and Lewis informed me of this, Dad will never get to be one of our "dates" if we always go when he's out of town!

2 comments:

Allison said...

That is so cute! What a fun little tradition to start with your boys while Steve is gone. I was fun to see Care in your picture! We hope to come down and visit soon! I hope in March sometime! Care sure loves you guys!!!

S.T. Lewis said...

Hey, Steph! Of course I remember you... I've done a lot since high school, but never once has my head been kicked by a mule, so I still know who you are. I know Steve too. I love your family picture on your blog's header... what a nice lookin' bunch of folks.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog... it's good to hear from you again. Tell your kid to keep drawing, even when his teachers tell him he needs to concentrate and take notes. Between you and me... no he doesn't. There's jobs in drawing too, and they're more fun. Later!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...